03 Sonic Blue Coupe, built motor, tasteful mods, 66k on body. CLEAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
Great looking car! And I don't think your price is too bad, it's the market. Last year I was trying to sell my 04 SY with 35,000 miles for $19k and couldn't get any serious buyers. No mechanical issues, but some parts of the car would have used a paint respray. Ended up trading it to the dealer. I'd say stick with your price(or around it) and just wait it out unless you absolutely need to sell it.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tried sending you a PM but your inbox is full...

Got a notice about it and cleaned out some PMs. Too many people offering me 16k... I thought we used to get a warning before it was full, hmmm...

Shoot me one if you want! Thanks.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car! And I don't think your price is too bad, it's the market. Last year I was trying to sell my 04 SY with 35,000 miles for $19k and couldn't get any serious buyers. No mechanical issues, but some parts of the car would have used a paint respray. Ended up trading it to the dealer. I'd say stick with your price(or around it) and just wait it out unless you absolutely need to sell it.

Thanks! I'll stick it out and see what happens.

NoviGT2000

Established Member
Would you be interested in a low mileage GT with 25K miles on it fully built motor and transmission with a 2.8H kenne bell on 19lbs? Monster of a car. but dont know if I could pass up a SB cobra. PM me if interested. Im in St. Louis

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Would you be interested in a low mileage GT with 25K miles on it fully built motor and transmission with a 2.8H kenne bell on 19lbs? Monster of a car. but dont know if I could pass up a SB cobra. PM me if interested. Im in St. Louis

PM sent.

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
How many pounds of boost are you running now? Is the tune dialed in for 91 octane?
What size tires are on the front and rear?
Is the heat exchanger stock?
Does it have a boost a pump or boost a spark?
Do you have the receipt for the MMR900 motor? Can you tell from the receipt if the PO purchased any of the additional options MMR offered?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
How many pounds of boost are you running now? Is the tune dialed in for 91 octane?
What size tires are on the front and rear?
Is the heat exchanger stock?
Does it have a boost a pump or boost a spark?
Do you have the receipt for the MMR900 motor? Can you tell from the receipt if the PO purchased any of the additional options MMR offered?

Got your PM, but will answer these questions in here...

Boost looked to be around 14-15lbs on the dyno. It is pullied for 17#, not sure if belt slip or if the timing on the "safe" tune affected it. If I keep the car all of that will be looked into, but as it sits it runs great with AFRs in range.

It is tuned for 91.

It has 265/35s up front. The new BFGs i put on are 295 rears.

PO told me it had an aftermarket heat exchanger but I only put in the mods list what I have paperwork for or have verified. I looked around at it earlier, and couldnt find any identifying marks. Quick search shows this article with a side by side of an aftermarket and OEM(I think?). Mine definitely is a larger aftermarket unit, but i'm not sure on make/model. http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-to/engine/m5lp-0405-install-stock-eaton-blower-and-heat-exchanger

I believe it has the BAP, but will also verify that and report back.

I have full paperwork on the MMR motor and called them to verify before I bought the car. It has all the optional upgrades they offered at the time, you can google MMR 900 street mod to pull it up(i'm on my phone).

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
pending pickup, will update the thread when it is gone!

Last edited:

Jcaleb84

Established Member
1988 twin turbo for the termi?

1988 ford mustang GT with 72,000 original miles. Car has NEVER been wrecked. Looking to sell out right or Trade an extremely nice lifted diesel truck. This car has over $20,000 invested so i would expect the same from a trade. No gas trucks. The only other trade
I would consider is a 2003/04 cobra thats it.

Mod list.
*engine
306ci sportsman block
Ford motorsport crank
Manley rods
Mahl -15cc pistons
All arp hardware
Trickflow twisted wedge heads
Edelbrock intake
Edelbrock elbow
90mm throttle body
80# delphi injectors
Custom grind turbo cam
Twin 52mm garrett internal t3/t4 hybrids
Twin 38mm wastegates
One 50mm tial BOV

*fuel system
Aeromotive 340 in tank pump
-8 braided feed
-6 return
Aeromotive regulator

*suspension
Qa1 tubular k member
Upr adjustable front control arms (chromoly)
Upr adjustable rear control arms (chromoly)
Welded torque boxes
Coil overs in the front
H&r race springs in the rear
Subframe connectors

*brakes
13" slotted drilled rotors on front with cobra calipers
11" rear rotors to match front new in box
93 cobra booster an master
All new lines

*drivetrain
Ford racing aluminum shaft
Tko600 5 speed
Ford racing clutch
3:55 gears

*imterior
All stock original other than a brand new gauge pod with boost/water/oil
In autometer phantom gauges.

Horsepower is unknown. Car was my dd for
A while then went single turbo an drove for a while, tore down an did the new motor an all
New turbo setup an have only driven around the block. Car is untuned at this point but i see now
Reason why it wont be in the high 600 low 700hp range.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
^wow badass setup! I'm looking to downsize though.

Bump, car is still available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread