03 SVT new mods help

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
ok i got a 03 lightning and need some help with lowering ideas.
basically i want to "level out" the rear of the truck but at the same time would like to lower the front a little bit and assume the rear would need to be a little extra lowered to compensate.....any help on lowering setups??

and also, some help on what catback system would be good..the truck currently has shorty headers on it now...i like the sound of the magnaflow from some vids ive heard but have seen 2 diff types of kits? single and dual mufflers...? help me out please and thanks

matt

MikeyP60

Established Member
I have the dual in-dual out Maggie Catback and love the sound Also DynaTech long tubes and high flow mids. The DI-DO Maggie has a built in X-pipe whichs really seems to make better sound and power.:beer:

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
A 2 inch rear shackle will level out the rear of the truck, so if you are lowering the front just drop the rear 2 additional inches. For example, a 2/4 lowering kit should keep you leveled.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Magnaflow exhaust. Any links or pics of said product?

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
I bought my truck like this back in '05 from a Ford dealer so I couldn't ask the original owner what all he did, but after climbing underneath it I noticed Beltech hangers, shock extenders, and Hotchkiss performance sway bars. It rides nice and corners like a BIG sports car. :-D

fruhdaddy

Established Member
DJM would be a good kit at a reasonable price for you, 2" spring and 4" rear (shackel/hanger). I run a magnaflow exhaust with cats removed and it sounds great

03 SVT FINALLY

new SVT *****
Established Member
thanks for the replies guys...the truck now sits almost dead level front and rear with a JLP shackle kit...magnaflows on the way and i may even swap the shorties to pace setter long tubes i found a good deal on...either way i think imma have the cats removed

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Can't go wrong with the Ford Racing kit. 149.99. Looks clean. If you leave the front isos out you can gain another half inch. Ride quality still stays nice.

Users who are viewing this thread