03 termi slight hesitation

jays03cobra

Established Member
As stated in the title at wot car skips a little. Just wondering if this is most likely plugs(not enough spark). A/F is pretty spot on. Boost is good. Here's a link to my mods. This was all done when I bought it so I'm not entirely familiar with what goes on at this kind of HP. Ty for any ideas or insight.

On another note, the clutch chatters(which I know is normal). Is it also normal to hear it catching on down shifting? Like I said I'm just not familiar with a lot of the higher Hp equipment.:??:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
First thing you should consider doing is pulling the plugs and see how they look. And maybe one is backing out of the plug hole. It could even be a coil going bad. I'd start there and report back.

EDIT: Can you do a DTC and scan for codes?

jays03cobra

Established Member
Ok time for update. I did plugs, which btw looked bad. One was rusted. So had it out the other night and under wot it hesitated one tiny bit. If the plugs were crap I'm wondering if I shouldn't just do the coils. We put it on the dyno and everything looked good. One other thing I should mention is that it has a hard time firing up from time to time. I went to start it after stoping at the coffee shop and it wouldn't kick over on the first few revolutions. So I stopped then did it again and it fired up just fine. Only does this intermittently.

Jensanity

Established Member
I think we are having similar issues. After sitting my car sometimes takes a minute to start then is fine after that initial start. Car hesitates if I go half throttle or more. Under that it drives fine. I changed my fuel filter and ran a bottle of HEET through the gas to make sure I didn't have a clog or water in there somewhere. I had a similar issue with my 2004 GT before and it got progressively worse. I had a suspicion it might be my FRPS due to the hard start up, rough idle and hesitating, strong gas smell. Well I pulled the vacuum line off of the FRPS and sure enough there was a smell and taste of gas. Oil has a slight gas smell as well. I have two spare FRPS around, but of course can't find them. Hoping to find them tomorrow. I had a Kenne Bell FRPS disc to put on a few weeks back, but my gf or her mon through it away or lost it haha. Hoping to find the sensors tomorrow then change the oil and maybe the plugs if they are wet. Hoping this cures the issues. If I was you I'd check the FRPS...Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread