'03 vs Suzuki GSX/Katana 600

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Ok, now I'm not exactly sure what bike it was, but after looking at Yamahas, Hondas, Suzukis and Kawasakis I'm pretty sure it was a GSX/Katana. The bike was yellow and said 600 on it. Anyways...

I catch up to the bike and put it in third around 80, then slow down a bit so he can catch up. I see him start to come up on me and then see that he gets on it when he is at about my rear bumper. I nail it at about 70, or less, when I see him go. His momentum carries him to where his rear wheel is at my front wheel. That's about when I stop his momentum pull. It was dead even from there. I shifted into fourth but popped into neutral almost immediately because we were reaching an area that cops like to set speed traps. I try to get next to the guy after the race and give him a thumbs up, but end up behind him. He wouldn't even look back. I think he was mad because he was probably expecting to see me vanish in his mirrors...:)

I would have liked to have gone through fourth because I feel I like I would have passed him, but theres always next time. :beer:

Fang

Established Member
I need to try that. They must feel like WTF????:shrug: I bet you had a chubby that could adjust the rear view mirror. :beer:

DEADEYE

Banned
Welcome to the club! I put 4 cars on a bike today from a 70-140 roll. It was all black with no markings so I couldn't tell what kind it was. It was probably a 600. It's tail looked like a hexagon from the rear view of it with a single pipe under the seat.

Last edited:

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Dead eye that is one sweet z06:beer: ,had u kept on longer im sure it owuld have been much worse for him

DEADEYE

Banned
Originally posted by ib6-ub9
Dead eye that is one sweet z06:beer: ,had u kept on longer im sure it owuld have been much worse for him

Thanks for the compliment! BTW I had the 100 shot jets in. I havn't dyno'd with those yet so I don't know what I'm putting down with these.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Not nesesarily, If you have a good driver on a GSXR 600 they can do mid 10s stock, but I've seen newbies do 13s. Thats like the first bike people get when they are starting out but still want to mess around(I should Know I have one). You have to ring those things out to get everything out of them. Ive beet 1000s on my 600, its more about the driver then the bike.

DEADEYE

Banned
Originally posted by DEADEYE
Welcome to the club! I put 4 cars on a bike today from a 70-140 roll. It was all black with no markings so I couldn't tell what kind it was. It was probably a 600. It's tail looked like a hexagon from the rear view of it with a single pipe under the seat.

Ok. I just learned the one I killed was a Honda CBR 600.

Users who are viewing this thread