03's Still on Hold

edz

Retired.
Established Member
My source at the Rouge Plant, has told me that the 03 are not released, as of 330 PM EDST 5/31/02. They are still being held. No reason given for the hold. The first hold was for defective hoods. The head bolt rumor was just that, a rumor, the Quality Assurance workers at the plant knew nothing about that. Hopefully they will be shipped sometime next week, but a tenative ship date has not been released. I hope someone can prove me wrong. However the fact that the folks around Michigan who have ordered have not recived theirs yet, seems to say that the info is good.

Rob03

Established Member
I think they will be shipping next week. Some were hoping for the 28-31, but it just didn't happen. I would be a little suprised if they didn't ship next week.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

'68-Cobra

Established Member
My Delivery Date Moved Back

:shrug:

I just got off of the phone with my dealer and he advised me that my "ETA to Dealer" has been changed. I was originally scheduled for the week of June 3rd. Now I'm moved back to the week of June 24th.

I e-mailed a source at SVT who keep the dealers up to date & he advised me that they will begin shipping next week.

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

'68-COBRA

Cobra'03

Established Member
Latest rumor...

The latest rumor has something to do with a Buzzer that they can't get to stop. That would either be a design flaw, assembly flaw, or a bad harness design.

Let' see, a 22-year old patform, and they have this sort of startup? Makes you very leary of the upcoming re-design.

I ordered my car on April 14, and do not even have a VIN! This is a mass-produced car from a major mfr, and I could get a BMW M car with custom anything in that time frame. I am disappointed.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Latest rumor...

Originally posted by Cobra'03
The latest rumor has something to do with a Buzzer that they can't get to stop. That would either be a design flaw, assembly flaw, or a bad harness design.

Let' see, a 22-year old patform, and they have this sort of startup? Makes you very leary of the upcoming re-design.

I ordered my car on April 14, and do not even have a VIN! This is a mass-produced car from a major mfr, and I could get a BMW M car with custom anything in that time frame. I am disappointed.

Did you say mass produced? :eek: Sorry, I've never heard of a Cobra being referred to as mass produced. lol :shrug: ;-)

03Cobra

Established Member
Well, they are making 10,000 of them this year -- More than the entire production run of a few automobile companies -- I would say that qualifies for mass produced

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah, mine was supposed to be built 5/20 then it was moved to 5/27 now they are saying 6/10 week...to be built.

So am I to understand that the shipping was a hoax?

ARE COBRA's (anybodys) SHIPPING OR NOT?

Geez!

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I feel your pain! A bunch of us 01 guys waited over a year and a half. Ford kept moving the ship date! I ordered a 99 Cobra in OCT of 99 and I got it in April of 01. Hang in there guys it will be worth it. The 03 is a ass hauler. Hope you get your cars soon!

Tim

nsreed

Established Member
Yeah they ARE mass produced

Hey, in reference to a Cobra not being mass produced, come-on!! 10,000 plus cars this model year. It's not some hand built car. It's a recooked Mustang that will hopefully will have the engine perform as promised.

And I "really" hope these things are NOT sitting out in some lot at the Rouge plant. Have you guys ever seen the air quality there???? Enough dirt and acid rain to eat cement. So LOOK OVER YOUR CARS with a fine tooth comb when they hit the door.

I live in the Detroit area. With what little summer we get here in Michigan, I am going to get some firm answers on these delays. I was promised May 20th delivery. Now its maybe by the end of June. Plus I can't get the wheels I wanted, the dealer backed out of his X plan commitment. I don't need a rock over the head to figure this out. The 03 on order would have to be one damn nice car to wait out this nonsense

The more I think about it, a mint 60's or 70's muscle car will be in the garage again and Ford can stick their 03 Cobra and thier lack of communication. Probably smarter to get the new 04 design anyway. I don't mind spending 35K for a toy, but with all the BS, I think the right collector car is a smarter choice.:burn:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Im beginning to understand more and more why they badged these cars with the 03 monikor cause thats probably when we will get them.:xpl:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Re: Re: Latest rumor...

Originally posted by SweetSVT99

Did you say mass produced? :eek: Sorry, I've never heard of a Cobra being referred to as mass produced. lol :shrug: ;-)

10,000 is a lot of cars, half of total annual Corvette production, and that has a dedicated plant!
I could have sworn the Cobras were built on the same floor by the same people at the sample River Rouge plant on the same platform that has been around for decades.

My NSX, on the other hands, was hand weleded and moved on an assembly jig from station to station at the Noguchi plant built only to assemble this car, and for which the model year 1995 produced 714 cars for the entire US - that is what I call low production.:??:

a94cobra

Established Member
My dealer is telling me as of 6-3-02 that they are on hold due to intake problems. I am not sure anyone knows what is going on.

a94cobra

Established Member
Just called SVT and they told me that there were no issues and they would be shipped this week. FYI.

RED '03

Established Member
Remember the current Cobra's being built are actually late '02's. So you are actually getting 10k cars for 2 years.

snakecharmr99

Established Member
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with a guy from the VOPC who told me the 03's were on "quality hold", his exact words. The build date on my black 03 coupe, vin #1909, was pushed back from the week of 6/24/02 to the week of 7/15/02. I sure hope that he doesn't know what he is talking about and that my build date got pushed back due to the bunch of 03's at Rotunda. I really wish we could get some straight answers, god knows we're paying enough for them.

Users who are viewing this thread