'04 Build Info

Sonic04

Established Member
I recently purchased an '04 Lightning with ~11k miles. Truck is in great condition. The build number is approx. 2950. There are't any locking lug nuts (or key) on the truck, but all lugs are the same. The previous owner says he did not do anything to the truck except for the air intake. Did they just stop including them, or run out towards the end of the build?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Have you opened all possible compartments?? If they aren't in the rear storage bin, they were probably lost by the previous owner.

Sonic04

Established Member
There isn't a rear storage bin. That was something else I thought was standard, but I know someone with a '03 that doesn't have it either.

02Thunder

Professional Cynic!
Established Member
04's didn't have the rear storage bin. Check the glovebox, if they aren't there, call your local dealership, and have them order you some. Locks are worth their cost.

joe

Sonic04

Established Member
Not in the glove box either. The previous owner even took out the key code cards. I had to get the keypad number off the computer module. It came from a non-ford dealer, which certainly didn't treat the truck as it should have been.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Yeah, they came from the factory, just not installed like was said before. I have an SB 04 L.. I have mine in a little bag, i just havent had the chance to install them yet.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The wheel locks should of come with the Lightning Mine did (2004) and I just looked at the window sticker and they are not listed as a option. I know you can get a set from Ford

Sonic04

Established Member
The locks probably did come with it, but the previous owner did not take them with the truck to the dealer. He told me he still had the factory air intake too. Hopefully I can get up with him and get all the stuff he took out, unless the Chrysler dealer I bought it from kept them. They even sprayed 'touch-up' areas on the grill and gas cover, but oversprayed under the hood and into the gas cap area. They didn't want to admit doing it, but kept telling me that they can do $300 worth without disclosing.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I read somewhere that it might be in a plastic bag taped in between the cab and the bed.Its worth a shot...

Freedom

Established Member
Sonic04 said:
Not in the glove box either. The previous owner even took out the key code cards. I had to get the keypad number off the computer module. It came from a non-ford dealer, which certainly didn't treat the truck as it should have been.

How did you manage to get the keypad number off the computer module? I cant find mine!

Sonic04

Established Member
The original SVT dealer told me that '03 and '04 they did not have the numbers on the module, but there was a white sticker with black numbers, about 1/4"x1". It was toward the front of the truck and I think it was backwards from the way I was facing.

Sonic04

Established Member
brucewrs said:
I read somewhere that it might be in a plastic bag taped in between the cab and the bed.Its worth a shot...

Thanks, I'll try that. I'd really like to get a set on, I'd hate to have to replace a wheel and tire, or 4.

Sonic04

Established Member
By the way, my location is Onan****, VA. For some reason, it's picking up the last 4 letters as ****. I guess it's in a list somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread