04 Clutch problems?

SVTBrandon95

Established Member
Hey guys I'm having some clutches issues with my 04 cobra . Motor has been rebuilt , new crank & all is good there . Everything is back together with a spec 2+ clutch & the car is really hard to get into gear while running . Like you have to use two hands . Ordered an adjustable quadrant & cable thinking it needed adjustment now that it has an aftermarket clutch in it and no matter how it's adjusted it doesn't change anything ... any ideas ?..

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Is it hard to get into gear while driving, or even at idle? Is it all gears?

I , for example, can't get mine into 3rd gear at WOT above 5k rpm. I have a UPR clutch assy and don't like it. Was going to go with a MM setup to see if that helps, then check the synchro and blocking ring if there is no change.

SVTBrandon95

Established Member
Is it hard to get into gear while driving, or even at idle? Is it all gears?

I , for example, can't get mine into 3rd gear at WOT above 5k rpm. I have a UPR clutch assy and don't like it. Was going to go with a MM setup to see if that helps, then check the synchro and blocking ring if there is no change.

I should probably mention that the car has not yet been tuned so it's kinda not driveable & hasn't been driven yet . The motor just went back in the car and it will getting towed over to the Tuner but that of course can't happen with it acting the way it is with not being able to go into gear unless it's with two hands ... it has an adjustable clutch cable & quadrant now & still doesn't change anything ... and yes it will go into gear with the car off just fine

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
so you have a junk adjustable cable ,quadrant .
You need a factory Ford cable , quadrant , and a firewall adjuster . Go with MM for those parts .
That is the best start.

Users who are viewing this thread