04 cobra 2.9 whipple dyno numbers

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
ok I guys I just got my new set up tuned. motor a fresh rebuild with diamond coated pistons, all arp studs and bolts, 96 cobra cams (degreed), total seal file fit rings, coated race bearings, bbk lt headers, bbk x-pipe, flowmaster cat back, divison x dual hat, aeromotive 340 pumps, 10 feed, 8 return, aeromotive regulator, fore rails, 80lb injectors. car made 25 psi and made 752 rwhp and 710rwtq on e-85, and was tuned by Brian turner @Dynotune Motorsports IN Galloway, Ohio. I was very happy with the results, and just wanted to post up the numbers and see what you guys thought. thanks

gabe1530

Banned
awesome results! im surprised that the 80's were not maxed out.
couple questions,
what pulley setup are you running? what throttle body?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
yea I got a vid of the runs but I don't know how to post them. Lol im a computer idiot.... I have a 3.25 upper and 4lb lower and a green gates belt and stock tensioner and had zero belt slip issues. car made 25.1 pounds of boost.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
awesome results! im surprised that the 80's were not maxed out.
couple questions,
what pulley setup are you running? what throttle body?

the 80's were getting close the tuner said, but not exactly sure what %. I have a single blade accufab t/b, and a stock air tube with a bolt on filter, steeda filter kit I think....

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
I also wanted to put a special thanks to the people that helped me out and made it happen. my wife first off for putting up with all the bs, lol. (Troy Stewart) my good friend that took the time to build the motor, I would put him up against any big name engine build around!!! Then my tuner, Brian Turner @ Dynotune Motorsports in Galloway, Ohio. Thanks again guys for all of your help.....

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
thank u very much!!! I had it out today driving it, and man its a blast, on traction in 2nd and part of 3rd but pulls like a train.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
well to me it feels way faster, but havnt had a chance to race anyone to see. with the nitrous the tq. was real high on the hit but the falls way off and the blower has a crazy power and tq curve. it feels like a whole different car. but if your on a budget you cant beat a cheap kit and spray it to make 700 wheel pretty easy. when I first got my car it was bone stock and I spent about 4k for everything and was making 700 wheel the first trip to the dyno. a lot of tuners and people are scared to death of it, but its not bad at all. I ran this set up for 3 years with not the first problem until I made a small mistake on my part, or it would still be running on that old set up.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
ok I guys I just got my new set up tuned. motor a fresh rebuild with diamond coated pistons, all arp studs and bolts, 96 cobra cams (degreed), total seal file fit rings, coated race bearings, bbk lt headers, bbk x-pipe, flowmaster cat back, divison x dual hat, aeromotive 340 pumps, 10 feed, 8 return, aeromotive regulator, fore rails, 80lb injectors. car made 25 psi and made 752 rwhp and 710rwtq on e-85, and was tuned by Brian turner @Dynotune Motorsports IN Galloway, Ohio. I was very happy with the results, and just wanted to post up the numbers and see what you guys thought. thanks

Very nice. Did you happen to hear about Brian's mom?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
yes sure did, hated that for him!!!! I was going to wait on the tune but he said he would rather do it then just kinda sit around. brian is a very good guy to deal with....

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
yes sure did, hated that for him!!!! I was going to wait on the tune but he said he would rather do it then just kinda sit around. brian is a very good guy to deal with....

He had mentioned that to me. He was very humbled by all of us car guys that showed up to the showing. Hell, it had been awhile since I had seen his dad and we used to see him almost every time we went to the shop.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
yea his dad was actually there when the car got tuned. I know he had been talking care of her and hadn't been around much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread