04 cobra 400rwhp

tsr18

Established Member
hey need help got 2.81 upper pulley 60#injectors 92mm mass air 6pound bottom tuner said to go with 3.25 upper, stock mass, and stock injectors need 2nd opinion did 400 rwhp trying not to get to radical just mild

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
2.81 upper and 6 lb lower is radical.... about 17psi. If you want mild go with your 2.81 or a 2.93 upper only, no need for bigger injectors with that combo. Your tuner is coorect...

tsr18

Established Member
yeah i just want a little extra power so thats why he told me to change upper to a 3.25 stock mass and stock injectors

convert03cobra

Established Member
Just go with a 2.75 upper and call it a day. Sell the injectors and lower on here and use the money to get it tuned. JMO

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Remember with the 2.76/2.81 upper you will likely need an idler to eliminate belt slip. Many with a 2.93 upper are OK without.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Look into grammar school while you are at it. You might get some more responses if people did not have to read that question 30 times to understand it.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
All my car has is a K&N drop-in air filter & a BORLA/STEEDA cat-back. With a nice custom tune from Rick Erdman (the guru from ATS) it delivered 403-RWHP... I guess this number is even better then I thought... :eek:

No offense to the thread starter. ;-)

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
no need for a pulley for 400RWHP, a good CAI, and catback will typically give you about 410-425, and wont void your warranty if you might still have one.

but you really should have catback, and intake before the pulley, and that already brings you over 400.

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Look into grammar school while you are at it. You might get some more responses if people did not have to read that question 30 times to understand it.

ha ha....reminds me of the "Micro Machines" guy.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Don't even mess with the lower.. You will need an alternator pulley and end up spending a lot more money than you need to.. If your goal is 400 than your intake and catback should get you there... Maybe a midpipe wouldn't hurt. If you want more just get a BF 2.76... I see 13-14lbs...

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Yeah, a little tough to figure out, but anyway, upper 2.76 and good tune call it a day, I just went from a 2.93 to 2.76 I can feel the difference, make sure to get a snub idler @ least and spring for the idlers if you can, Oh and a plug for " Billet Flow":beer:

MustangThief

Established Member
I've seen quite a few cobras not have belt slip with a 2.8 upper and no idler. Not saying it doesn't happen, but some get away with it.

But then again, why? An idler is cheap as shit.

I'm waiting on a little more cash to order a set of BF idlers right now... i like my UPR idler but it's a little small... (82mm i believe) but holds boost well :D

bone

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread