04 cobra guy here calling all gt500 guys

MikesCobra

Established Member
Hey guys,
I am in the market for a M122 blower, I am looking to do a hybrid blower swap on my 04 to do a budget build. If you have one, or know of someone who has swapped their M122 off of their GT500 please send them my way.

Love the Gt500's btw :reckon:

Thanks

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Willing to part with mine... 2.6" pulley installed, JLT 113mm CAI, and throttle body with electronics. Send me a PM if interested.

MikesCobra

Established Member
Why not buy a used whipple or KB?

Valid question. For starters I wouldn't purchase one of those because they are anywhere from 4-6 PLUS taxes new. I can do a budget build with a gt500 blower and obtain 600's for a fraction of the cost.

I have seen way too many horror stories with used twin screws being bad, gt500 blowers typically are very low milage and have not been beat to living hell.

I also would like the ability to hit TS numbers and still have 3-4 grand in the bank with my name on it. just something different and cost effective basically..

MikesCobra

Established Member
After watching this vid, I would do a vmp tvs if I had a 03-04 cobra
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...harged-vs-2004-e85-vmp-tvs-nitrous-cobra.html

good video, but he's also running the juice, making a decision on a car you know nothing about or its set up is not how I work nor is it apples to apples. and that blower with the gt500 elbow new is 4grand before taxes. A great option, but i don't want to spend that kind of money to be honest, Id rather pay the vehicle off.

No doubt that cobra is boss though!!!!

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Nothing wrong with doing a budget build for 600 at the wheel. I've loved running my posi Ported eaton but will be swapping to a tvs in june or would sell you mine now, gl on the build.

Black Sex

Established Member
Valid question. For starters I wouldn't purchase one of those because they are anywhere from 4-6 PLUS taxes new. I can do a budget build with a gt500 blower and obtain 600's for a fraction of the cost.

I have seen way too many horror stories with used twin screws being bad, gt500 blowers typically are very low milage and have not been beat to living hell.

I also would like the ability to hit TS numbers and still have 3-4 grand in the bank with my name on it. just something different and cost effective basically..

Fair enough, but FWIW when I had my '04 I picked up my whipple/BAP/60's for my stock parts + 1800. And there is always the chance of getting junk with any used parts deal.
Best of luck on your build :beer:

MikesCobra

Established Member
Hey guys I got busy with work and had a hard two weeks.. LIFE HAPPENED I guess you could say but I AM STILL in the market for anyone who has a gt500 blower... if you have one please let me know I am ready to purchase one this week.

Users who are viewing this thread