04 Cobra hits boost and drops to zero

rich9521

Established Member
I am new to Cobra's and am looking at an 04 we traded for(I work at a local ford dealer). When you mat this car it will instantly peg the boost gauge and one it does it drops down to zero. If you part throttle it, it will hold 7 pounds or so. It does look to be pullied cai and no cats ( I have no idea what size pulley though). The car still pulls hard but the boost issue concerns me a little. Is this common or does this car have some sort of blow off valve that I am hitting. I am looking to do a few mods as I want to hit around 525-550 rwhp but I need to read up more. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sounds like its a stock Cobra and you expereinced the boost bypass in full effect. A tune can turn off that annoying feature.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
If the car pulls hard and strong and doesnt fall on its face then it sounds like it may be a bad boost gauge or something. What happends at wide open throtle?? Does the car feel like its loosing boost? Theres no blow off valve in these cars.

rich9521

Established Member
It does not feel like it is loosing boost as it pulls hard. What is the boost bypass you mentioned. I am sure the car needs tuned, I just wanted to make sure it was nothing major. It pegs the gauge almost instant then goes down to 0 but pulls hard the whole time.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Could be big time belt slippage or the boost by pass valve is opening when it shouldn't.

Try disconnecting the wires on the solenoid for it. The solenoid is on the driver's side of the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread