04 cobra motor in 99 cobra?

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
one of my buddies in north carolina has a 04 cobra and it was totaled today got hit in the rear and insurance totaled i have the option to buy the whole car really cheap the car has 28k on it i want to pull the motor and trans and put it in my cobra is this a direct swap? or am i going to run into problems the upgrades on the car are it has a smaller pully he said it was pushin 12 lbs it has a set of bbk long tube headers pypes off road x pipe and a k&n filter i dont think ill be able to use the catback on it might be damaged well let me know what upi guys think im pretty sure this swap has been done befor but i couldnt find anything on the swap

thanks in advanced

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The catbacks are the same, so use yours. You will either need to modify the trans crossmember, or buy one, you'll need the driveshaft, and you'll need to swap the yoke I think. I'm pretty sure you need your 99 computer, but you have to tune the knock sensor off. Other than that, it's a direct swap. You need all the supporting blower stuff though, heat exchanger, pumps, ect.

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
alright thats cool the whole front of the car is fine its just the trunk is sittin in the back seat the car was parked and a drunk driver in a blazer a$$ packed the car at like 40mph it was a sad picture

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Bieng as you have the whole car, you should have EVERYTHING needed to do the swap.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
why not swap everything over including pcm and wiring harnesses? you don't need a new crossmember the one on the T-56 will fit just fine and unless you have a solid axle you will need a new driveshaft or just swap the IRS to if it's not broken

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
why not swap everything over including pcm and wiring harnesses? you don't need a new crossmember the one on the T-56 will fit just fine and unless you have a solid axle you will need a new driveshaft or just swap the IRS to if it's not broken

I was thinking the same thing :)

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
well thats a good idea ha ha i didnt think about that
now its time to see what the insureance company want for it ill keep you all posted

Users who are viewing this thread