04 Cobra Paint Correction

csvtjohnga

Established Member
2004 Cobra Conv
Screaming Yellow
This was just a paint correction along with protection. It is about 90% corrected as I did not go after the deeper scratches. Garage kept and low miles allowed for a easy process to remove most swirls and scratches.

I will use autopia-carcare.com as a link to these products and process.

Products
Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing - Dual Action Polisher from Meguiars. I've never used a PC or GG or Flex. This was a very easy and simple to use machine. 6 Speeds and adj on the fly. Worked great, no complaints.

Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing -
Megs Foam Cut Compound 101. I've used some swirl and scratch removers by hand before never by machine/DA. This was recommended and I gave it a shot. Love it, very little dusting and great compound.

Detailer's Pro Series Universal Detailing Clay & Lube Combo - Clay and Spray. Simple easy to use Clay Bar system. Love it for the plastic clay container and large ( reusuable) bottle of lube. No extra wax or MF's. Used on Paint,glass,wheels,exhaust,engine parts.

Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing - I've used Poorboys World Pro Polish extensively but wanted to try a new product. I always wanted to use a Pinnacle product and gave this a shot. Extremely easy to use and amazing results.

Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing - Once again, I've used PB World EXP Sealant and loved it but to try somthing new, I decided on this sealant from Wolfgang. Smells great btw, it went on easy, came off easy. I applied 2 coats, 16+ hours inbetween each coat and after the second coat the yellow really was screaming at me for more. 2 coats is enough for a garaged car.

Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing - This wax was not recommended and no prior review. I decided again, try somthing new. Extremely small vial, but it says 40-50 waxes per 30ML jar. I can see why! This product was easy to apply and just as easy to take off. I used very little on the first coat and did not even dent the jar. It still has a LOT of wax in it and can't wait to see how long it last to update down the road. Smells great too! Really impressed here!

Autopia Car Care Products - Car Detailing Supplies, Car Wax, Car Polishers, Auto Detailing - The Cobra does take road trips somtimes and I wanted to be able to use a alternate to Rain X. I will be using this on the L when time comes for the L's detail. Very easy to follow the directions provided and cleaned the glass up very well. Hopefully the beading will be good as advertised. I'll be able to go into more detail on the L since it will see rain while the Cobra will see rain once to twice a year. Looks great though and easy to apply.

Black WOW Prepare to be WOWed Kit - 2 oz. - I've read so many reviews on this from amazing to not worth it. I've used it and loved the way it just got rid of old built up wax on the trim. It's lasting so far and looks great and easy to apply. The cleaner with supplied brush really got all the old wax and contaniments off easily. Again, garage queen so it will probably do better then a DD not exposed to the elements as often.

Chemical Guys Metal Shine Polish and Protection - Usually I used Blue Magic or Eagle metal polish. You guessed it! I wanted to try somthing new! It was very easy to work with and a small amount went along way. I'll post further findings later as I only did 1 wheel.

I used Lake Country pads and backing plates for the Dual Action Polisher and Griots Garage MicroFibers.

Process was very simple
-M101 -- Foam LC Orange Flat Pad --- Speed 5
-Pinnacle Polish - Foam LC White Pad -- Speed 4
-WolfGang Sealant - Foam LC Blue Pad -- Speed 3
-DODO Juice Wax - Yellow Applicator -- Hand Applied

On to pictures!

Before - ** Keep in mind I only have a cell phone and GOPRO to take pictures **

GOPR0012_zpsa7faa3f2.jpg

IMG_20130301_140049_zpseb2f10df.jpg

IMG_20130301_140039_zps0c195744.jpg

After -

IMG_20130304_160735_zps2ca0d7ab.jpg

IMG_20130304_195207_zps9984c697.jpg

2013-03-12150600_zps8bb6df08.jpg

2013-03-12150626_zpsa55d5e93.jpg

I've never seen yellow reflect as much as this. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend of it in the shadow to really show off the reflection properties it has now. Just amazing. I will be completeing the rest of the detail later on this week and next as we have a car show coming at the end of March. I'll post pictures of that as well. I've been really impressed on the difference you can make with a DA/Machine vs Hand Application. Prior to this I had NO experience with a machine. I tested application and procedures on my faded 98 SVT Contour and the hood looks great now too! Comment, critique!

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Great job on it! For your first time that some incredible work you did there. What car is that in the one reflection shot in your garage?

TennesseeStang

Established Member
Looks great! I tried out my porter cable over the weekend with m105. Had some slight difficulty with proper technique but got it done. Amazing the difference it makes. Gonna do the m205 this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread