04 Cobra question

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
ok, i had posted a question before about whether or not i should get a new mustang gt or a 03 04 cobra. After driving both, of course, i love the cobra. Its at a dealer by my house and the dude is trying to tell me he paid 28 something for it at auction and that he only adds 1200 max to make profit. the car is a gem. 16k miles, bright red.

First gear makes a strange noise i never heard in any car i've driven before, not a ginding sound but just strange sound? I assume its cause its a beefier tranny than the gt. anyone got an input about that?

is 29995 a rip off?

Thanks
-Ryan

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
BostonStrangler said:
ok, i had posted a question before about whether or not i should get a new mustang gt or a 03 04 cobra. After driving both, of course, i love the cobra. Its at a dealer by my house and the dude is trying to tell me he paid 28 something for it at auction and that he only adds 1200 max to make profit. the car is a gem. 16k miles, bright red.

First gear makes a strange noise i never heard in any car i've driven before, not a ginding sound but just strange sound? I assume its cause its a beefier tranny than the gt. anyone got an input about that?

is 29995 a rip off?

Thanks
-Ryan

The strange noise is CHATTERING from the TREMEC tranny T-56. It is loud and every single one of them are like that. CobraBob's stang shifter gaskets and a new MGW shifter quiet mine a WHOLE LOT. So, I dont even hear noise from my tranny between that and my exhaust and blower whistling, you dont even hear it. 29 is a decent price but I would talking him down a lot less than that. I would pay 26 for it. Not in a bad way, I guess considering the kickass deal I got for my car. :-D
Even though the 04 Terminator is worth everybit of that 29 if not more! :rockon:

jk03cobra

Established Member
I would say keep looking. Price sounds hi and I doubt the guy paid over 28K at an auction for it. You can find much better deals out there.

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
jk03cobra said:
I would say keep looking. Price sounds hi and I doubt the guy paid over 28K at an auction for it. You can find much better deals out there.

yeah but i can't finance a car thats not bought at a dealer. and how many people on here are going to sell a car and agree to payments? is that even possible?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
BostonStrangler said:
yeah but i can't finance a car thats not bought at a dealer. and how many people on here are going to sell a car and agree to payments? is that even possible?
In cases where you are trying to buy a car from a owner, usually you just go with him to the bank and ask to take over the payments on the vehicle. Then they run your credit and give you an answer. :)

SpectorV

Established Member
28k sounds what a dealer would sell it for he got it for far cheaper at an auction... unless he got ripped of.

DAkid

VLC & AAS
Established Member
sounds like a good deal to me. i would still try to get all i can out of it and talk him down some more.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Kelly's blue book says $30,900 for it of the dealers lot. I say act interrested then once you get cleared for financing act uninterested. Say it is jut to much of a paymentand try to knock the price down. I got my 03 in 04 for 23,500 with 12,000 miles. They wanted 28,000 and wouldn't let me test drive it till I cleared financing. I took it for a ride, and said I was going to go down the road to look at a Z06. The price started to drop and I left 2 days later with the cobra.

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
Be patient. That price is way too high. I just traded in an 04 wrx for a 03 cobra vert. with 4700 miles. They were asking 29,900. I ended up buying it for $27000, and got what I wanted for my trade. Be patient and do your homework about the car you're buying, and your trade.

Wintermute

Banned
I totally dont understand the price disparity up here. Black book on mine with 25,000km (10k miles) is $24,500 CANADIAN. Granted our dollar is creeping up over $.90, but that leaves retail at like $23,000 US.

Black book up here on a terminator is only about 2 grand more than a phucking GT.

Air Speed.

Banned
BostonStrangler said:

is 29995 a rip off?

Thanks
-Ryan

Yes he is full of it 03-04's at dealer auctions dont sell for anything remotly close to 28K

ZyX2323

Established Member
black01mustang said:
i just bought an 03 cobra coupe with 17k miles for 25700 from a dealer and he payed off the 19800 i owed on my 04 base model gt

Thats Exactly what I own on my GT and been looking for a Cobra too... That sounds like the deal I exactly need. I have a Loan per approved for 28k. That info will come in handy..

-What year is the Cobra and Color... It could be or couldn't be worth that...

ZyX2323

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread