04 cobra steering/ suspension question

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Guys for some time now I have had a creeking noise come from the front end when I turn, you seem to really hear it at low speed or while setting still if you turn the wheel. I originally thought it was tie rod ends but they look good and don't seem loose upon hand inspection. my rack isn't leaking any fluid but is this a sign of it starting to go bad or need bushings replaced?

Also I have also installed some H&R race springs on my car and in addition to the steering should I install the upgraded steeda ball joints and MM camber plates or will the car align correctly with stock parts? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think there was a TSB for the creak. It had something to do with the tubes that the steering rack bushings mount on. I went with MM solid rack bushings so I wouldn't have to worry about anything. You might get lucky with the alignment, but it wouldn't hurt to plan on caster/camber plates.

Edit: I found this- http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Ford_TSB05-14-03.pdf

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
I had a bad creak on my old GT...... turned out the shop that I had install my suspension never greased the Steeda Ball joints. Greased them and quiet as new.

fangin2u

Established Member
I bought my 03 Cobra new in 03. In 2006 it developed a squeek when turning the steering wheel. Ford tech found squeek TSB 05-14-03 to replace sleeves in rack replaced sleeves no more noise.

Coxy

Established Member
I've had two new edges in the shop with the rack bushing sleeves creaking. I have a different noise in the front of mine, wonder if yours is the same. I haven't gotten a chance to get it on the hoist, but I'm suspecting it might be an issue with the struts. Unless I'm getting odd noises from the MM camber plates. Keep us posted what you find

Users who are viewing this thread