04 Cobra vs 00 SS (modded) questions

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I have an 04 MC with O/R Mid Pipe and Flows. Basically all stock.

My buddy has a 2000 SS with clutch, flywheel, headers/full exhaust, whisper lid, & Z06 intake?

Well, last night and my buddy finally started running his mouth. I called him out and he wouldn't do anything. I went all the way back to my house and picked up my car and he wouldn't bring his out the garage. I really don't know what will happen, but I think It would be a driver's race from a dig. I just want to do like a 40mph roll and see whose got what. What do you guys think? Will I pull, or will I fall behind? I am so sick of his BS b/c he thinks he has the end of all cars. Keep in mind this car has never ran better than a 13.1 at the track in his lifetime. Mine hasn't been yet but hopefully soon.

Just the other day I killed a GTO w/what he said "Intake, Exhaust, and a Tune" by about 2 cars from a 40mph roll with a slow and steady pull up to about 80mph.

Last edited:

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
so you all were drinking, and you went home to get your car to race the guy??? I could go off on you right now....but it's too early.

So, first I would say use better judgement...

Next I say you should win. You have a 12.50 car.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
so you all were drinking, and you went home to get your car to race the guy??? I could go off on you right now....but it's too early.

Sorry, I made it seem like I was drinking. Let me fix that! We were all hanging out grilling and most people were drinking including him, but now that you point it out it was a good thing he didn't drive. That is the last thing any of us need.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Hmm... full exhaust LS1 vs near stock Cobra... I wouldnt put money on either of you..would be a close race I think. I would expect to run mid 12s with his setup.

OneBadWS6

Established Member

the camaro with those mods is a solid 12.50 car to :pop: from what i have seen its a drivers race

Last edited:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I would think the nod would go to the Terminator. I dont know about the SS being a 12.50 car. I havent see that but, idk. I am not saying that the F-bodies I have seen are the end all for all F-bodies.

THAITED

Established Member
I'll run him...,JKD.... Actually do not under estimate the F-bodies. I think it will be close race so start practice.....launching...

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
I would think the nod would go to the Terminator. I dont know about the SS being a 12.50 car. I havent see that but, idk. I am not saying that the F-bodies I have seen are the end all for all F-bodies.
I have seen them go 13.0's near stock, so I can believe 12.5 with a driver.

We have no idea what the OP runs though either. I have seen cobras with his mods go anywhere from 12.40's to 13.20's all because of a driver.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I was just going off the time he gave us of 13.1

Mine has gone 13.1 numerous times bone stock...if the guys modded car is only running 13.1 he isn't going to be winning many races at all because he obviously lacks driving skills. :):beer:

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Mine has gone 13.1 numerous times bone stock...if the guys modded car is only running 13.1 he isn't going to be winning many races at all because he obviously lacks driving skills. :):beer:

case and point:coolman:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I was just going off the time he gave us of 13.1

I have seen them go 13.0's near stock, so I can believe 12.5 with a driver.

We have no idea what the OP runs though either. I have seen cobras with his mods go anywhere from 12.40's to 13.20's all because of a driver.

Yea, 13.1s were before the Z06 Intake and that is the best he drove it. Somebody has made a pass in his car at 12.90s but he wasn't the driver. I have a pretty good feeling for my car and plan on going to the track soon. I was able to hit a 12.91 on a buddies FACTORY STOCK 04 about 2 years ago.

I forgot to mention I have clutch quad, and adjuster. My shifts have became seem less it seems compared to the stock set-up.

I am not in anyway a GREAT Drivers, but I do know how to push a car.

How do the SS's compare to the GTO's? Are they a close race mod for mod? If so, I am pretty confident on my race as I pulled a similarly modded GTO recently.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol just throw a pulley on it and it wont even be a race. As it is right now it might be close. Let us know how it goes if you end up running.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Thanks guys! I hope I get to make this happen soon, but he is all talk. Every time I go to his house I usually bring my car and BEG him to race me b/c he talks so much shit in front of everybody. It's to the point to where it pisses me off. I honestly doubt he will ever race me, but he is getting ready to sell it to a buddy of ours and if he buys it I know he'll be up for it.

I'll be sure to post vids.

Zeekmann

Established Member
I have never lost to an ss (in my 04), all I have is a exhaust no pulley upgrade and drop in filter. My 01 will keep up with them and only gets pulled on at high speeds. SHe has 3.73's intake, king cobra clutch, full bassani exhaust, suspention work $$$ ect////

Users who are viewing this thread