04 cobra vs. 04 mach 1

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
We were out playing around a couple of nights ago and I see this mach 1 and this guy keeps tailing me and passing me all night, just trying to piss me off and after a while of this i finally led him out to a remote are and this is what happened. http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=111

This was just for fun and i knew i would win but he asked for it.

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
It was obvious as to who would be victorious. Now if the Mach 1 had won, then i'd be slightly amused.
sleep.gif

Anyway, he asked for it and a kill is a kill...congrats! :thumbsup:

Boosted 03

Established Member
What are your mods? Because it did'nt even seem like he was racing. It looked like you took such a big jump (head start) on him that he was'nt even trying. It's obvious that youre car is much mor dominant, but it just did'nt look fair. Anyways, good kill. :shrug:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Boosted 03 said:
What are your mods? Because it did'nt even seem like he was racing. It looked like you took such a big jump (head start) on him that he was'nt even trying. It's obvious that youre car is much mor dominant, but it just did'nt look fair. Anyways, good kill. :shrug:
That was him that said go and if you listen he starts first then i went. I asked him if he stayed in it the whole time and he said yes, don't know.

Boosted 03

Established Member
Well, either way he seen how hard your car can pull away. That gave him something to think about on his way home. Good kill. :thumbsup:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
thats why you should post the link for the video here instead of posting a link to another thread from another board smartguy.

svtfreak03

Established Member
03-sold 04 competition orange- Magnaflow Catback, K&N FIPK The rest is secret!(old 600 rwhp member)

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Vanride69 said:
thats why you should post the link for the video here instead of posting a link to another thread from another board smartguy.
They host videos dumbass. Does svtperformance host video's? No

svtfreak03

Established Member
wow nice video..heh i was planning at first to get a blue mach1 but im like forget that thing man i rather drive my snake
- x-pipe
- bbk headers
- bbk intake
~Future Mods~
- Kennen Bell Blowzilla Supercharger
- Deepdish Bullitts

1/4 = Unknown..ill run it soon

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Mach1's Rule

As a Mach1 owner, I'm afraid I have to defend the reputation of these cars. There is something not quite right with this video. Either the driver of the Mach1 doesn't understand "power range" or Justin's Cobra is far from stock, or maybe both cases are true.

I realize that stock for stock the Cobra is faster, but Mach1's are not as slow as the video might suggest. I made a few speedometer videos to try and document the performance of a lightly modded Mach1. I offer these videos as evidence for my case:

http://www.eleventeen.net/webpage/videos/Mach1-00to70.mpeg
http://www.eleventeen.net/webpage/videos/Mach1-25to95.mpeg

Keep in mind that the Cobra is generally 10k more expensive. If you were to buy a Mach1 and pour 10k in mods into it, the tables might be turned in favor of the Mach1. If someone wants to give me 10k, I'd be happy to provide some proof of this claim!

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I have to agree with you on the vid. Something is not right. I could see a KB or Whippled Cobra pulling like that, but not a stock or pullied one.

wurd2 said:
Keep in mind that the Cobra is generally 10k more expensive. If you were to buy a Mach1 and pour 10k in mods into it, the tables might be turned in favor of the Mach1. If someone wants to give me 10k, I'd be happy to provide some proof of this claim!

Cobra owners hate this statement more than any other IMO. So, for 10 grand you are going to put in a T-56 tranny/clutch and flywheel, pull your engine and replace the internals with some Manley H-beam rods, ARP bolts, dished forged pistons, Cometic MLS gaskets, put the engine back together and put it back into the car. Then you are going to buy a SC and install it, beef up the fuel system (injectors/pumps), and tune the whole thing??

First off, there is not a $10,000 price diff:

Mach runs around $28,000
A Cobra runs about $36,000

That is an $8,000 difference

Lets see:

Tranny: Around $2600
SC: Around $3500 More if you want an aftercooler
forged internals/gaskets: Around $1200
engine pull/machine work Around $4000 We are already past $10,000
Clutch/flywheel Around $600
Injectors/Pumps Around $600
Tune Around $200

We are at $12,700 right now. But I haven't included the cost of replacing all the fluids, labor for most of the work, etc. (That is $4700 over the price of a the Cobra)

$12,700 plus the $28,000 for the mach is $40,700. Enough to buy a Cobra, KB and supporting mods and push over 600rwhp.

Last edited:

Sapperstang

Established Member
Yeah it does not seem like that guy was even racing. Now the cobra is modded. If you come across a Mach and just automatically assume your going to win you will likely be surprised eventually. This is not a honda.

Romans8:28

Established Member
Mach1's are super nice mustangs and would be my 2nd choice to my Cobra, easily above the 05 GT. The styling of the mach is great, gotta love the shaker hood.

One of my best friends owns an 03 Mach1 so we play around alot...... its very fast and will jump out of the hole really well (usually beats me through 1st-2nd shift) but winding second and hitting 3rd......... forget it the Cobra starts to walk everytime.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Romans8:28 said:
Mach1's are super nice mustangs and would be my 2nd choice to my Cobra, easily above the 05 GT. The styling of the mach is great, gotta love the shaker hood.

I agree with you 100%. Maybe one day I will pick up a used red one :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread