04 Cobra vs 04 STi

MrMason

Established Member
Guess I'll start with the mods on both. This is going off memory of what he told me.

Cobra
K&N Intake
SLP Cat-back
2.8" pulley
Nitto DR's

STi
3" turbo-back to stock muffler
Up-pipe
Stock turbo @ 23psi

Went from a dig. It wasn't pretty for him. Got a good launch jumped out a half a length, end of first I had 1.5 on him. Shifted to 2nd pulled another few cars. By the end of 2nd I had maybe 4 cars on him. I let out at the end of 3rd and I couldn't count the lengths. I called him up to make sure he didn't miss any gears or anything, he said "there was definitely room for improvement but it wouldn't have made a difference.". I got a video of it but my friend who taped it was scared and just taped the road in front of us until the very end. So I can't be 100% on the lengths but it wasn't pretty. I think he is in need of the driver mod as well. I'll post the video up tomorrow but like isaid it really doesn't show much.

*edit*

Here's the video. Horrible as promised! Shows basically nothing. The lights at the end of the video are his lol. I smacked my friend when we got home and saw he just taped the road. By the way ignore the fact that my friend sounds like a douche he doesn't usually talk like that, the race got him all silly.

[ame=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/minicujo1/?action=view&current=MVI_0388.flv]
th_MVI_0388.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
his hp #s seem a lil high for his mods. Great kill nonetheless!

This ^

I'm fairly certain GT35R STi's don't make much over 400whp on pump gas. Highly doubt a stock turbo STi is putting down that kind of power. It takes an Evo boltons, cams, and meth to hit 375whp on a stock turbo.

Either way, results aren't surprising.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Nice kill!

I'm fairly certain GT35R STi's don't make much over 400whp on pump gas. Highly doubt a stock turbo STi is putting down that kind of power.

Probably more like GT30R cars at that power level. GT35R's have been into the 500's...

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Nice kill!

Probably more like GT30R cars at that power level. GT35R's have been into the 500's...

You're right. Now that I think about it, the STi that I ran had a GT30R, not a GT35. :beer:

He had planned on going to a GT35 until he blew his motor on C16 and big boost.

MrMason

Established Member
Seemed a bit high to me too but I was just posting what he said to me. What do you think it was putting down? Low 300s?

evo connevo

Established Member
360whp would mean meth and some more boost, it will only be a quick
peak number though

MrMason

Established Member
Just went ahead and took the hp numbers out of the first post since they're inaccurate.

MrMason

Established Member
He could be quoting uncorrected numbers on a nice cold day I suppose...

Meh it's ok I'm not too worried about the numbers, doesn't change the murdering that occurred. I really need to run a real car to put me in my place. Haha

jgheels2003

Established Member
A turboback tuned STi on the stock VF-39 with pump gas is roughly @ 300-310whp car. If its on race gas they can make a lot more but thats with a lot more mods around the stock turbo than the op listed. Fully decked out stock turbo setups can make 350whp on race gas, but I always that it was stupid when you can just put on a bigger turbo.

Not a match for a pullied Cobra with that setup.

MrMason

Established Member
Equal length header or external wastegate setup, maybe...

Ahhhh you're right he did say header, but I just thought he didn't know what he was saying. I mean if you're going to go through the trouble, why not change out the turbo while you're there.

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Good kill....

The guy in the STi is completely out to lunch.... a turbo-back exhaust/tuned STi is a high 12-sec car with a decent driver...no way he was running that boost on the stock turbo, either...complete BS. Needs to check out some "how-to's" on iwsti or nasioc.com

Users who are viewing this thread