04 Cobra vs GSXR 600

quik cobra

Established Member
So I have had the car a year and haven't really gotten into a street race with it besides the first -second gear blast or something.

On the way home from work I happen to look in my rear view mirror and see this bike passing all kinds of people, that is until he gets to me where he stays behind cruising at 60 along with me. Now I know up ahead the road turns into a 4 lane new road that is straight and flat, with a few stop lights. My luck as we approach the very first light it turns red.

I pull to a stop but I notice that the bike is kinda coasting up slowly. The light is always short so instead of blasting off, I see if he wants to go. I take off kinda quick and then blip the throttle, I hear him go so I go. I lose a little traction he gets out 2-3 bikes on me. Hit 2nd lose a little more traction but not bad he out another bike. I run out 3rd start gaining....4th I have the lead back to one bike when I let at about 140 (didn't realize I was going that fast until I looked down.LOL)

Couple lights later and it turns red. He flips up his visor and is laughing. he said "Damn I guess that isn't just another loud ass mustang" "That one has some get up and go".LOL He said "I'm not a car guy so what kinda of Mustang is that". Being my smart ass self I tell him "Oh this is the special edition Mustang called the SVT Cobra Stage 3 muffler car". We say our good runs to each other and the light turns green and we go our separate ways.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he tells some one he almost lost to a SVT Cobra Stage 3 muffler Mustang.

gearhead08

Established Member
i just ran my friends 600 the other day stupid close races between me and him. his bike dies off after 120ish though.

quik cobra

Established Member
Just standard stuff 2.76 pulley, bassani catted x pipe, slp lm 2, Accufab TB, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Ford Racing Coils, Ngk plugs, AED tuned.....and of course our special stage 3 mufflers.

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
Dang, nicely done! It would be hilarious if the words "stage 3 muffler car" came out of his mouth.

I only ran one bike (a friend) in my old '03 cobra, and his gsxr750 annihilated me lol

quik cobra

Established Member
To be honest I thought that was exactly what was going to happen. I'm not sure I wasn't racing the rider instead of the bike though. he didn't pull up and stop at the light he kinda slowed way down and waited for it to turn green and I just got to talk with him for a few seconds at the light so he might have been a new rider or something. Either way I was happy how strong the car ran and that's all it comes down to I guess.

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
So I have had the car a year and haven't really gotten into a street race with it besides the first -second gear blast or something.

On the way home from work I happen to look in my rear view mirror and see this bike passing all kinds of people, that is until he gets to me where he stays behind cruising at 60 along with me. Now I know up ahead the road turns into a 4 lane new road that is straight and flat, with a few stop lights. My luck as we approach the very first light it turns red.

I pull to a stop but I notice that the bike is kinda coasting up slowly. The light is always short so instead of blasting off, I see if he wants to go. I take off kinda quick and then blip the throttle, I hear him go so I go. I lose a little traction he gets out 2-3 bikes on me. Hit 2nd lose a little more traction but not bad he out another bike. I run out 3rd start gaining....4th I have the lead back to one bike when I let at about 140 (didn't realize I was going that fast until I looked down.LOL)

Couple lights later and it turns red. He flips up his visor and is laughing. he said "Damn I guess that isn't just another loud ass mustang" "That one has some get up and go".LOL He said "I'm not a car guy so what kinda of Mustang is that". Being my smart ass self I tell him "Oh this is the special edition Mustang called the SVT Cobra Stage 3 muffler car". We say our good runs to each other and the light turns green and we go our separate ways.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he tells some one he almost lost to a SVT Cobra Stage 3 muffler Mustang.
Man good story...I can wait to test my cobra terminator against a bike..........GOOD KILL!!!!

Digital

Established Member
Cliff notes: Dude in near-stock cobra "races" 600 shifting at 8000rpm. Guy in cobra is extremely pleased with himself so he tells biker bs about his car.
Dude in cobra thinks "hilarious" code-name for his car will be told to millions of bikers because of his near domination. In reality biker forgets about the noisy mustang that surprised him as he was shifting for maximum fuel economy within 6 minutes.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Cliff notes: Dude in near-stock cobra "races" 600 shifting at 8000rpm. Guy in cobra is extremely pleased with himself so he tells biker bs about his car.
Dude in cobra thinks "hilarious" code-name for his car will be told to millions of bikers because of his near domination. In reality biker forgets about the noisy mustang that surprised him as he was shifting for maximum fuel economy within 6 minutes.
Or it can be that the bike rider was just a really bad rider. There are a lot of those out there you know…… I had my encounter with both, one saw my tail lights, the other saw a glimspe of my head lights.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He said "I'm not a car guy so what kinda of Mustang is that". Being my smart ass self I tell him "Oh this is the special edition Mustang called the SVT Cobra Stage 3 muffler car".

I really wish your kill story had ended before this came up.

Personally, I think it makes you look like an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread