04 Cobra vs. YamahaR1? vs.Lightning

Machinator

Banned
So there I was in Mexico on an open freeway when a late model Yamaha with center exhaust pulls up next to me on the left and the lightning on my right. When they hear me downshift to 3rd they both hit it.........I only put a buslength on the bike but the truck was out of sight real quick and got off the freeway. Now let all the haters come on and tell me that no car can beat a bike.

Youkai

Established Member
Sounds like an R1, they have a dual outlet center exhaust and only 04-06 have that setup. If you are putting down over 750whp, I would believe it. Unless it was a crappy rider, which a 500hp car could beat.

BTW, cars can beat bikes (a small number of them :))

ibepressin

Established Member
OK I'll bite. Not that NO car can beat A bike but your biting off a big chomp taking on a R1. If your at 700 hp and a full weight cobra... Hell I'll say it. :bs: Then again, was the rider in shorts and flip flops? I've walked 2 busas from freeway speed rolls on my r1. I'm sure your aware of what it takes to hang with a busa from a cars perspective. I remember some vids of 750+ whp vettes hanging with them but there is a small issue of weight between a vette and a terminator.

Machinator

Banned
ibepressin said:
OK I'll bite. Not that NO car can beat A bike but your biting off a big chomp taking on a R1. If your at 700 hp and a full weight cobra... Hell I'll say it. :bs: Then again, was the rider in shorts and flip flops? I've walked 2 busas from freeway speed rolls on my r1. I'm sure your aware of what it takes to hang with a busa from a cars perspective. I remember some vids of 750+ whp vettes hanging with them but there is a small issue of weight between a vette and a terminator.

I was hopin somebody wanted to argue, no its not a full weight Terminator it is an aluminum blocked stroker with tubular suspension etc.....the guy on the bike had on blue jeans, jacket and I am pretty sure he wasnt wearing flip flops but I cant be for sure.

JWC

Established Member
If you beat an R1 you have a very very fast Cobra. If you beat a R6 you have a fast Cobra. I have an Aprillia RSV 1000 R Factory and it can walk my 565 hp KB Cobra. I did however beat a kid on an R6 with my KB Cobra. So nice kill. I 'll bet he was one socked dude.

ibepressin

Established Member
Machinator said:
I was hopin somebody wanted to argue, no its not a full weight Terminator it is an aluminum blocked stroker with tubular suspension etc.....the guy on the bike had on blue jeans, jacket and I am pretty sure he wasnt wearing flip flops but I cant be for sure.

I'm not looking to argue just keepin it real ;-)

Tman

Established Member
Im sorry man, I never said that on these forums-'hell no' unless you have a monster like everyone says(over 750rwhp) or the guy on the bike simply wasnt good enough to ride it. Myself Im not a very good rider but I do put on a whoopin on a few cars pushing way over the 600 mark and I cant even imagine someone whos experienced riding my bike or the bike in question. ive seen a slip on , pc, gears, hdc R1 ran 9.2-9.6 at over 156mph!!! What do you run? Please dont tell me its different from a roll, any new liter bike is a killer in the top end!

Users who are viewing this thread