04 cobra whipple swap, now have problems

big04cobra

Established Member
hey fellas, im new to the forums. im kinda lost here, i just did a 2.3 swap with long tube headers, exhaust, 3" pully, sct 2600 maf, 63# injectors, single blade accufab tb, jlt intake, 2 ford gt supercar pumps and did the lethal twin fpdm setup, using ngk tr6 plugs at .030, a/f is a cherry 10.8 at full throttle but is lean at idle no matter how much fuel we throw at it. and at part throttle it acts like its loading up on fuel bad until i get on it then it clears up! i dont know what the heck is going on but its buggin me bad. i cleaned the maf, put new plugs, new o2 sensors but its still doing it:shrug: any one have a issue like this before?

Ironhand

Banned
And 10.8 is too rich, Atleast lean it back out to 11.4 for the California 91 gas.

It might be a vacuum leak but I think its in the tune.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
what is a/f at idle and during light to mid accell? and what Mystic said is what i was thinking.

big04cobra

Established Member
not in tune, it was doing it before the tune but i thought it was just because the long tubes and second o2's couldnt reach and they still had not been turned off. fuel pressure at idle was at 54psi. and i know idle is suppose to be leaner then the rest of the map but it was maxing out our AEM wideband. could be vacuum leak, thanks i will check it out. and the tune is not finished because of the issues it was having while trying to tune we stop. also the fuel pressure was bouncing around between 54 to 57psi at idle. i just ordered a new FRPS and a disc from kenne bell.

Mystic03

Established Member
its definetly in your tune...if your fuel rail press is at 50+ at idle...and your wideband still showin lean you got problems shit WOT doesnt get higher than 40psi...

Users who are viewing this thread