04 cobra with 97 cobra cams

racebronco2

Established Member
There have been some questions on using the 97/98 cobra intake cams, comparing similar hp numbers it seems that i am down a little at the lower rpms on both hp and tq but my hp/tq doesn't drop off at the higher rpms like some of the other cars. Most of the other cars their tq drops off around 100ft of tq from peak to redline where mine drops off less then 50ft of tq. Due to running lean i could pick-up a little hp/tq. I was running a little lean above 5500rpms but have since switched to 60lb injectors.

With less hp/tq at the lower rpms i don't have as big a problem with traction but in the higher gears i am able to pull 4th and 5th alot better. I guess that's why i was able to out mph most of the zo6's at the mojave mile.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
interesting.. is that a ported eaton setup? what are the specs of the shortblock and heads?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
pretty good numbers then. that is basically the average ported car, but with 97 cams.. did you ever dyno the same setup without the cams?

from your numbers, looks like they could have been worth 20hp or so.

Also, are they degreed or just installed like factory?

racebronco2

Established Member
pretty good numbers then. that is basically the average ported car, but with 97 cams.. did you ever dyno the same setup without the cams?

from your numbers, looks like they could have been worth 20hp or so.

Also, are they degreed or just installed like factory?

No i never dyno'd before the cams. I did dyno before but so many things have changed.

I figure 20hp of so also but the tq band moved up 500rpms and stays up almost til redline.

Yes they are degreed.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Ya I noticed the tq curve and I like it. What are the cams installed at?

The reason for all my questions is because I am using these cams in my build I am working on.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Corrected to SAE puts it at about ~525 rwhp and ~480 rwtq. It's kinda hard to say how much the cams are affecting the car seeing as most ported 5+ guys don't do LT's or ported lowers. my upper only peaks at 6100 rpm, but is done by 6400 rpm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread