04 Cobra with pulley-no tune

taylorcrzy

Established Member
Im looking to buy another 04 Cobra with 62K on the odometer. It has a 2.76 upper pulley and needs to be tuned. Should I be concerned that the car has been driven awhile without being tuned? Im not sure how long its been driven this way either. What are your thoughts?:bash:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly wouldn't even consider it. What's the point in swapping pulleys and not putting the pedal to the floor? You can drive around with a smaller blower pulley with the factory tune as long as you stay out of boost. But I wouldn't trust anyone selling a cobra with a smaller upper on the stock tune. Spark plugs with more boost would also need to be changed. Just my thoughts.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
This stuff kills me. good way to ruin a good motor. I would ask for a compression check and find out why it wasn't tuned and make a decision from there. if they won't do that for you, RUN!

greenflash00

Established Member
I had a 2.76 on mine back when I had the eaton and it was making 14.5lbs of boost on it. Stock boost is around 8ish. That's a massive jump in boost for no tune correction at all. As stated above I wouldn't even try it man. There's no way they put that pulley on it and never beat on it afterwards.

03 deadpool

Established Member
I am haveing a similar debate with a friend about a procharged 3 valve at a local dealer , with the pulley on it it should be around 18#s there is also meth injection with some missing components. My argument is how long has it been run without the meth, has it been beat without the meth and the dealer does not know anything about the tune, mods maintenence so i told him that would be a no go if it was me why buy someone elses problem.

Users who are viewing this thread