"04 Comp Orange Vert--your thoughts ?

Nemesiss

Established Member
Looking for opinions:

Do you think 26K for a sub-10K mile , original owner, mildly modded (upper pulley/CAI/exhaust/FLSFC's) in truly "like new" (mechanically and cosmentically) CO vert is a good deal in todays market. All OEM parts are included.

Secondly, do you think these cars (given a production run of 72 units) will ever have significant collector value. I know they will most likely never reach the value of say a Hemi Cuda/Challanger but what do you think the potential might be ?

Strictly conjecture I know, but what the heck---your thoughts ?

Thanks

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
My .02 on the price is that it is reasonable but comes down to the right buyer for the car ie. exactly what they want and the appreciation for what has been done to it. There will always be better deals than others but it is all right place at the right time. R/ Dan

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I would have paid it. There weren't any CO verts when I was in the market and it is an unbelievably rare car.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I sold my 6,100 mile CO Cobra vert to a dealer for more than that in August. I say that 26K is a good deal on that car!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Good Luck with sale. I believe you should have no problem getting that typ of money for the CO.

I too have a CO VERT and just bought a ZR1 and have tossed up the idea of selling mine.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
+3 on a good price for the car.

IMO the car will not appreciate in price unless you wrap it in a bubble and store it for 10+ years.

Nemesiss

Established Member
Thanks for the responses--all good and basically what I had expected to hear.

Z28Th1s: 6100 miles ? wow, thats low--why did you sell if you don't mind me asking ? and does that dealer still have it or did they flip it right away ?

SVTORANGE: ZR1 eh ?--NICE !! thats exactly what I'm wanting right now. I think though, if you can afford to keep your CO, in time I do believe they will eventually (maybe in 10 years as Snakedoc says) attain "collector value" .If you were contemplating selling, what figure did you have in mind ?

4.6Snakedoc: You are probable correct about the time frame--I think in would be at least 10 years before the value would start to climb significantly--thats the problem-can't predict all the variables that change the value of things. Its always a gamble but if history repeats itself then these cars might turn out to be a really good investment.

Thanks, all

D Bentley

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
Interesting topic...

Reference muscle cars from the 60s: Its 50 years later, and most of us are all still driving gas vehicles with no restrictions (sorry, California). Im really not sure that will be the case 40 years from now.

Additionally, I dont like the idea of buying a car for collector value, because that also means that you wont be allowed to enjoy it (assuming you are truly interested in keeping it perfect).

With endless money, in a situation where you have more toys than time anyway, I understand that may not be the issue, and if thats the case - well done.

As far as price... It sounds a little high to me, but keep in mind that Im not in the market for a CO Vert. I wouldnt compromise to save a little $, and end up with something you didnt want in the first place. I bought a 'vert last time, knowing I wanted a coupe, but the vert was what I wanted "in every other way," including price. It was great, but a few years later, and Im shopping for a coupe again...

SVTORANGE

Established Member
SVTORANGE: ZR1 eh ?--NICE !! thats exactly what I'm wanting right now. I think though, if you can afford to keep your CO, in time I do believe they will eventually (maybe in 10 years as Snakedoc says) attain "collector value" .If you were contemplating selling, what figure did you have in mind ?

Yes it is CYBER Grey, yeah but i am on the fence as well due to the timing of the market I think the car will net more in the summer months for sure. I actually have the liquid cool KB Mammoth on my car now. It has 9600 miles on it.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Thanks for the responses--all good and basically what I had expected to hear.

Z28Th1s: 6100 miles ? wow, thats low--why did you sell if you don't mind me asking ? and does that dealer still have it or did they flip it right away ?

4.6Snakedoc: You are probable correct about the time frame--I think in would be at least 10 years before the value would start to climb significantly--thats the problem-can't predict all the variables that change the value of things. Its always a gamble but if history repeats itself then these cars might turn out to be a really good investment.

Thanks, all

D Bentley

I actually sold my car, because I had it for 26 months and had only driven it 2,850 miles. It had never been in the rain or even washed with water! I was always hesitant to drive it due to not wanting to put too many miles on it.

I ended up selling to purchase a new 2011 Mustang GT. I bought that car on 8/7/10 and have already put 2,100 miles on it. I'm actually driving this car, which is the purpose of having a 'play toy' type of car!!

The dealer I sold the car to sold it in less than 10 days. He had it listed for $28,999.

As was mention by someone earlier, the verts will always bring a better price during the early Spring and Summer months than in the Winter.

Good luck :beer:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Really nice talking with you today, I can not wait to meet up with you and cruise. Send me a PM with your email address and I will get those PICS to you.:banana::banana::beer:

Nemesiss

Established Member
Sent you a PM with my email address . It was great talking to you as well--I really need to come up and visit--want to check those beasts you have in your garage !!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Sent you a PM with my email address . It was great talking to you as well--I really need to come up and visit--want to check those beasts you have in your garage !!

Anytime, as a matter of fact the weekend will be nice come on up:beer:

valleyboyz1

Established Member
What a great post!! I am thinking of selling my 03 DSG vert with 14500 miles and my 91 LX with 99,000 and am wondering what values they have. I think that the OP is priced right. I was thinking 25-26 on mine with or without mods. I think that these cars have great potential to gain value but we are going to have to have them for a while. My 91 was my very first (the same car) and I have had 11 Mustangs in between and bought it back. I am like some of the other posters though and I haven't driven it 6,000 miles in 4 years. I have a 4 y/o and a 1 1/2 yo that love to ride in it but they will soon be to big to fit in the back and cruise comfortably. Thanks again for the great post and to everyone who responded

Users who are viewing this thread