04 Coolant Leak - Mis firing

bakocobra

Hi Guys -

I got my 04 cobra about 3 months ago. i noticed a coolant leak the other day so I opened the hood and found coolant puddled around the reservoir cap and down around the battery, then leaking down below into the suspension etc. on the drivers side. I replaced the cap with the new one thinking it might be a bad cap. no luck. still leaking and I also noticed what i thought was a mis fire under moderate load. So I quickly got it home and parked. Water temp was normal the whole drive. dont know what to make of this. Anyone have any help? head gasket? i sure hope not.

Furinox

Established Member
air pocket in cooling system, blown headgasket allowing compression into cooling system, or warped head allowing compression into cooling system.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
if it was an air pocket, it would run hot real quick....has to be a cracked head gasket..in B/W the cylender and the water jacket...it has happened to me before..

bakocobra

if it was an air pocket, it would run hot real quick....has to be a cracked head gasket..in B/W the cylender and the water jacket...it has happened to me before..

When I drove it last, it did not warm up any quicker than in the past. It then ran at normal temp for the duration of the drive. I could smell the coolant 3-5 minutes into the drive. Is this going to be a major project to replace? I dont have the time to do the work anyway so its going to a reputable shop. Can I expect my car to make a full recovery? Im really disappointed as I havent had it but a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread