04 Fuel Tank Removal Help

Almarktool

Established Member
Hello there,
Need some help, am I missing something ? I remove fuel filter line 2 lines on left 2 lines on right plug at rear of car, removed the 2 straps and the black plastic cover that covers fuel tank, the tank doesnt even budge ???
tried a little pry bar but nothing ? is there some sort of expoxy holding this up there as well ?
Thank You for your help
Mark

beau t

Established Member
Fuel fill neck? i haven't done 1 of these tanks but on the foxes there was a bracket the kinda held it to the tank along w 2 hose clamps and a section of hose. Shouldn't be epoxy but the isolators (foam strips?)will stick - - - maybe someone w more experience will chime in just trying to throw out some ideas. when you get it to drop come down slow so your able to disconnect the electrical connectors without tugging on it to hard taking the chance of breaking wires or the connector. If possible get the fuel out or as much as possible so your not having to deal w the weight.

EDIT i posted a link from YT that should walk you through it below since i was more or less guessing lol

Almarktool

Established Member
ok thanks will try, i think it must be isolations strips or something, some videos say u don't have to remove neck from fill door, i guess iwill just undo that and then use pry bar, tank is def very empty, eleictrical disconnected,

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Filler neck and expect to buy a new one since the end with is probably brittle and will break off when you remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bullitt1448

Established Member
The two straps are what hold the tank up there are also some Rubber isolators on top of the tank which are likely the culprits stuck to the car, the filler neck is another issue but usually doesn’t stop the tank from coming down, it just breaks the tip off

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
ok thanks will try, i think it must be isolations strips or something, some videos say u don't have to remove neck from fill door, i guess iwill just undo that and then use pry bar, tank is def very empty, eleictrical disconnected,

You DO NOT need to remove the neck from the fill door.

Users who are viewing this thread