04 gt clutch problem

94 IN A 97

Established Member
So i wasnt able to put my car in first, second or reverse. The reverse gear made that loud sound when i tried to put it in gear. I took it to my mechanic and the only way i could drive it was putting it in reverse while the car was off but i just pushed it instead. I had to start moving in third gear instead because that was easier to put in. The mechanic took a quick look and said it was the clutch. Drove it home and let it sit with letting the engine run for a few minutes here and there while the clutch came in the mail. It came in and i had to drive the mustang to the mechanic and it drove just fine, was able to put it in every gear. What could be the real problem? I don't want him to replace the clutch if its still good

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
cable adjustment. you need to tighten the cable based on what your symptoms sound like to me. probably doesn't need a clutch. there are many threads on here about how to adjust your cable. best of luck with it.

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
Check clutch cable adjustment. If it is properly adjusted then it is probably the clutch. It can be hard to get into gear if you get the clutch real hot from slippage. Get on a hill, put it in 5th, and lay into the throttle. That will tell you if the clutch is slipping. Also, a friction disk can stick to the pressure plate. If this happens sometime you can break it free by holding the clutch pedal down in gear and revving hard to break free.

Drive the car and see if the syptoms continue.

Users who are viewing this thread