04 Mach 1 question

Jsny05

Established Member
I have a 2004 Mach 1 mustang that we just got done installing long tube headers and catted x-pipe on. I have a K&N air filter in the air box and was wondering with all this work done to the car, would it be best to have it taken somewhere and tuned on? Not talking about tuning it for a race setup.

kens88gt

Established Member
Definitely. You run the risk of running lean and damaging the engine. PLus you'll optimize your investment in your mods and your power.

machonemike

Established Member
You can take it somewhere for a custom dyno tune, or go with a remote tune through email. Either way will do just fine. Custom dyno tune is better though.

Jsny05

Established Member
That was going to be my next question, whether to do a custom dyno tune or use a remote tune. So I should be safe to run a remote tune until I can get a time to do a custom dyno tune then?

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
That was going to be my next question, whether to do a custom dyno tune or use a remote tune. So I should be safe to run a remote tune until I can get a time to do a custom dyno tune then?

A good remote tuner should be able to make the appropriate adjustments without having the car on a dyno since you don't have that much in the way of mods.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
With your mods you could probably order one of the SCT tuners from american muscle. They include tunes from bama performance and they will keep sending you updated tuning files to flash into your car as your mod list increases. I don't know how good or bad the tuning is from them, but its an option. You would also already have the handheld tuner for when you actually take it to a shop to have a dyno tune done.

Jsny05

Established Member
I was looking at some of those on their website. Thought of going that route, was curious if there were any other options to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread