'04 Mach 1 vs '03 M3

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Yea those suckers are fast. But why do you wait till the thrid beep to go. Go for it at the same time you beep not about a second after. THat why he beat you on the second race!

But death with honer to you my freind! He may have one the battle but the war is far from over!:)

Naja Haje

Established Member
Stock M3's are rated at 333 hp. If he had a sequential gearbox he will never miss shifts either. I love those cars.

chevysRslow

Established Member
Yea those suckers are fast. But why do you wait till the thrid beep to go. Go for it at the same time you beep not about a second after. THat why he beat you on the second race!

?? Must have been a different video than I watched... The Mach won the second race. He definitely got a slow start the first race.

98gt281

Established Member
Most M3's I see trap 103-105, I would think a Mach with those mods would be in the 110 area, I guess I just thought the Mach would do much better, oh well, good runs.

L3thal 324

Established Member
well the m3 also has that damned sequential tranny in it and weighs less. but hey anything can happen on th street. two really nice cars. good runs

98gt281- did you go to kempner?? i think i have seen your car around.

M-Phibian

Established Member
The M3 in the video is a standard 6-speed (not Sequential), and weighs a little bit more than the Mach does on the same scale (3320 compared to 3312).

The Mach, when bone stock and making 272 rwhp or so...ran a 13.2 @ 105 with a 1/8th mile speed of 82.7 mph.

Recently, both cars, with the Mach modded and making 294 rwhp and the M3 stock.....trapped just over 85 mph at the 1/8th mile track (haven't been to the 1/4 mile track again).

Originally posted by 03silversnake
well the m3 also has that damned sequential tranny in it and weighs less. but hey anything can happen on th street. two really nice cars. good runs

98gt281- did you go to kempner?? i think i have seen your car around.

Last edited:

281cipwr

Established Member
it is true anything can happen on the street ...my gt traps at around 100-102 and ive taken a couple m3's before once from a 5 roll and once from a 35ish roll ..both times it was really damn close but my front bumper was always nudging ahead lata good runs

98gt281

Established Member
I went to Clements, but you have most likely seen me in that area. I don't think I have ever seen a Silver 03 in that area. Where do you live?

Last edited:

GMKILLA

Established Member
nice video and all but i would be sad if i lost to a stock m3 with my mach 1 with all those mods i mean im not gonna underestimate those cars but i would have thought that the mach would of put up a bigger fight and opened up a bigger gap

M-Phibian

Established Member
Stock Machs (unless they're a freak) typically won't run with a M3 Coupe with a good driver. They normally trap 103-105, compared to the M3's average of 105-107. No reason to be sad at all that it takes mods to close this gap.

I'd like to race my M3 against my Mach one of these days, but my M3 is pretty heavily modded as well so I doubt it would be much of a race. Thankfully my buddy's M3 is still stock (but not for long) so we were able to make a good race out of it for the video.
:beer:

Originally posted by GMKILLA
nice video and all but i would be sad if i lost to a stock m3 with my mach 1 with all those mods i mean im not gonna underestimate those cars but i would have thought that the mach would of put up a bigger fight and opened up a bigger gap

Last edited:

MLB427

Established Member
Did the m3 have a passenger also. If not then you can't forget that the Mach-1 had a passenger I think.

Users who are viewing this thread