04 Mach I or 04 Cobra

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
Well the titel says it all, I am new to these message boards abnd I owuld like to know your opinuions in which car to get, I want a 40th anniversary mustang becuz the 05 is fugly.

I went shoppin today and found that the mach 1 is cheaper and onyl 5 speed but, at least according to the sticker, had more hories in it than the cobra, but the cobra was 6 speed and a shit load more... anyway any advice or info woul;d be awesome, looking forward to bein part of the SVT family tho.

Dont know if my setupp, or what i want the car for matters or not but Ill tell you all any way, I am 16, this will be my second car (yes i have bought them both with my own money and didnt take any from my parents) I want a f****** speed demon, i got the money too, it will eba daily driver, like maybe 7 miles on it a day during school, (9 out of 12 months of the year)

Thanks,
Tyler

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
The Cobra has a lot more HP than the Mach 1

Both are nice cars, but the Cobra's engine is more powerful and also more stout :)

The Cobra only comes in a *6* speed manual/standard, and the Mach 1 comes in manual or auto, though I think the manual has the forged crankshaft, and the auto doesn't :(

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
yeah im not goin to be driving around in either of those cars in automatic, I am leaning towards the cobra, but was wonderign why the mach 1 was so much cheaper, just all around.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
mach 1 ~300hp 4.6l
cobra ~390hp (underrated) 4.6l supercharged. You'll love the whine the blower makes :D

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
wut do u mean sounds fishy?

A guy thast lvies down the road has a trans am, told me they all sucked I am prolly goin to get yhe cobra in the orange, but anyway assuming its stock, do u think I woudl beat this bastard after some minor bolt ons (at elast until i get some miles on it)?

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
yeah you would trounce that guy right off the showroom !

Couldn't even imagine carpayment or insurance when i was 16 ! Man ! Buy some csco stock. I'm making hand over fist right now. Save and invest !

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
the only way i am affording insurance is becuase i have a good grade discount... as lonmg as ur grades are abve a 3.0 as lognm as i am in school then I get 60% off of my total insurance, that is the only way, or else i would have like an old bug or soemthin... Never.....

I know bugs can be extremely fast, old skool bugs, but I think i'll take my chances with a cobra

what colors do u guys like in the cobras? I liek the orange and red, but those would also be cop magnets... any other nice colors that rnt so bright otut here?

LLoverCrazyJay

SVT Lightning Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
Why did you feel the need to post your age? Brag much? No one cares how old you are.
Wow you're really nice. Why dont you try to LIGHTEN up! Oh yea, get a Cobra, you'll be much more pleased, blown with a warranty.

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Originally posted by LLoverCrazyJay
Wow you're really nice. Why dont you try to LIGHTEN up! Oh yea, get a Cobra, you'll be much more pleased, blown with a warranty.

To be 16 and agonize over which hipo mustang to get puts junior in a better position than many americans who can't even afford to eat or pay the rent.

I don't need to lighten up.

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
the reason I left my age was not to brag, it was to see if there was too se if maybe there was a major power difference in the two cars - i havent drove either of them, I didnt know if some people would sday well for your first high performance car go with this one versus the other.

Yeah, I do have money, I started working the day I turned fifteen, and invested that into stocks, I didnt just waste it on things like some people might, I invested. I spent some of the interest to be able to afford my toys, and then then re invested the rest... I also play on a professional paintball team, and get payed to play speedball and x ball.

To all of you you critics out there, and would like to know what my job wasi worked for a landscape company and got paid under the table, if you want o know how much i made an hour you can pm me and ill get back to you on that... though it was probably at least three times how much you made on your first job.

But thatnks to everyone else out there who has tried to help me, first time posting on this website... I read some threads earlier thought it was good placeto ask for advice, even though i did see some arguing, but i guess there is always got to be a handful of people somewhere out there looking to jacka**es...

Thanks,
ty

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
You brought it up, so I'll ask the question. I know there are a million ways a bright enterprising young person can make enough to afford one of these toys. Just wondering how you made yours while maintaining the high GPA?

Also Narco, if he is telling the truth - why flame him? More power to him I say. If I were in his shoes at 16, I'd be hard pressed not to brag a little.

Oh, and if price doesn't matter, get the Cobra.

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
OK, I was a little late with above post.

Course everyone knows it is a lot easier to save money while living with mom and dad. Nothing wrong with it though, not at 16 anyway.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you sound like tony montana reincarnated.:lol:

the mach 1 runs 13.2 @ 105mph in the 1/4 mile stock. the trans am ws6 runs 13.2 @ 107mph in 1/4 mile stock.

the cobra weighs about 300pds more than the mach 1 but has 100 more hp. meaning the cobra runs 12.7 in the 1/4 @ 112mph. the cobra is harder to launch because of the irs wheel hop the mach 1 does not have.

my advice get the cobra because you sound like someone who wants as more horsepower than you can handle. and if the stock horsepower is not enough just add a pulley.
as for me the mach 1 is the return of a legend, and the return to the muscle car. plus it just looks better.

some unwanted advice though. if you can afford a $35000 car you can afford the insurance. paying for a car is not just the out the door price. its the price, the gas, the insurance, the mantaince, and the modifications combined. and if someone cant afford all of that they cant afford the car.:rockon: good luck with your purchase

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
^^^^ thx for the times i appreciate it, yeah i tho9hgt about the gas too, seems like I won't be getting the best gas mileage out of the car for a little while, but I love ford, and i love speed, especially drag (as in NHRA drag, goin for that license this weekend).

Thx
ty

DaMuscleMan

Established Member
one more question too, should I buy used versus new... the used will probably be a little cheaper, but with a car as new as a 2004 will I still get problems, because my dad told me, by another mans car and his problems come with it, which is true, but do u think there will be too many hidden problems with a car as new as 2k4?

ty

Users who are viewing this thread