04 Mysticrome and 03 Silver in parking lot

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Today pulled into a local truck stop, and saw a 04 Mysticrome ragtop with dealer plates on it. So being the type of person I am, pulled up beside him, backing in, like he was.. (cars looked good being side beside)

He came out (an older guy in his 60's I'd guess) and was getting into his car. I saw him looking over at mine, then got a closer look at my rear tires. (which are pretty much bald on the rearend) he gave a shake of his head, pretty much showing that "why is this moron driving this car and burning off his rear tires"

Well, in my eyes, there will be one Mystichrome Cobra that will never go above 75 mph..

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
haha well its good that he isn't beating his (or atleast burnouts) because that cobra will probably be on a dealer lot in a few months for sale.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
o4cOb|2a said:
haha well its good that he isn't beating his (or atleast burnouts) because that cobra will probably be on a dealer lot in a few months for sale.

most likely.. since he's the type that only bought it because it's a "midlife crisis" car..

Also, my tires wear out because while I don't burnout too often (and when I do, I make SURE it's a good job, such as yesterday when I did a 3rd gear burnout with my brother in law's brother in the car) it's just too easy to spin the tires under hard NORMAL acceleration..

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Burning the tires have nothing to do with top speed. Some of my friends are surprised at how long I can get tires to last (and the chains and sprockets on motorcycles) because I don't pop the clutch, or spin the wheels. I still manage to reach respectable speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread