04 overheating problem

Chris'04TERMY

Established Member
Talked to an SVT/Ford Racing tech today and was telling me that the 04 cobra's head cooling and head ticking problem was solved in late 03 so none of the 04 COBRA should have a cooling problem nor the need for the head cooling mod.

He said that "it wouldnt hurt the car to do the head cooling mod but you really dont need too".

All this time i knew that they fixed the head tick between the 03's and 04's but didnt know that they fixed the head cooling/overheating problems as well.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Wow that's new. The revised head was in 05, or as everything else has told me. I know that not all Tech's that work at dealerships know what they are talking about.

Chris'04TERMY

Established Member
This guys tells me he was part of the TERMINATOR buil. He was telling me that when they fixed the headtick problem on the 03's in late 03 they also fixed the head cooling problem. He was also saying that the head tick was caused by the headcooling problem. But i dont know. It was news to me. Im still probably going to do the headcooling mod anyways just wanted to see what everyone else thought about this.

Users who are viewing this thread