04 Pullied Cobra -vs- 2000 SS last night....insight please?

86style

Established Member
first race ive had since getting my car back from JDM last week.
i was coming up to a light very slowly cause i saw some fog lights coming up behind me.

turns out to be a newer LS1 Camaro SS. he gets next to me as we approach the light. we were going about 15-20 mph, and both hit it at the same time. i was in first gear and had my F1's on the car.

end of first gear he stayed at my door. i got a little spin when i hit second but stayed in it and he stayed at my rear bumper. third gear came and went and i had about 2.5 cars. by the end of fourth, i was approaching 110 mph and let off with him about two bus-lengths behind me.

talked to the guy after and he said he had a 3600 stall conv., lid, filter, cutout, off-road y pipe, catback. so iasked him what about the huge Nitrous bottle that took up his back seat and he said that it was empty and he didnt spray.

what do you guys think? i originally thought that he must have sprayed to keep it as close as it was. or maybe those stall converters really help the automatics.

what is the typical outcome between bolt on ls1's and pullied cobras with equal drivers? maybe he sprayed?

-pete

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
A big stall is the answer to the auto's roll racing problems and a huge advantage from a dig. 2 buslenghts up to 110 he was not spraying..

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I doubt he was spraying .. if he was, I think he would have beat you or it would have been much closer ... I would say with those mods on a late model LS1 .. (since he didn't have a cam) he was still pushing the 350rwhp or so mark (cut outs do wonders)... the car is lighter than yours by about 200lbs ..

Nice race ..

Crowley

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Do your homework, of course he wasn't spraying. An SS with those mods and that high a stall with a 125-150 shot should be easily in the 11s. And if you had gone from a stop he would have likely outlaunched you by about 2-3 lengths, nitrous or no nitrous.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeSkinner
Do your homework, of course he wasn't spraying. An SS with those mods and that high a stall with a 125-150 shot should be easily in the 11s. And if you had gone from a stop he would have likely outlaunched you by about 2-3 lengths, nitrous or no nitrous.

Aren't you the guy that also said that you can't reach 150mph in 5th gear with 4.10's..................:shrug: .........who forgot their homework?????:bored:

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
No he was not spraying.A friend of my has a 2001 SS (camaro) with full exhaust,gears,and 150 nitrous kit runs 11.40@122mph on ET streets.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by 86style
first race ive had since getting my car back from JDM last week.
i was coming up to a light very slowly cause i saw some fog lights coming up behind me.

turns out to be a newer LS1 Camaro SS. he gets next to me as we approach the light. we were going about 15-20 mph, and both hit it at the same time. i was in first gear and had my F1's on the car.

end of first gear he stayed at my door. i got a little spin when i hit second but stayed in it and he stayed at my rear bumper. third gear came and went and i had about 2.5 cars. by the end of fourth, i was approaching 110 mph and let off with him about two bus-lengths behind me.

talked to the guy after and he said he had a 3600 stall conv., lid, filter, cutout, off-road y pipe, catback. so iasked him what about the huge Nitrous bottle that took up his back seat and he said that it was empty and he didnt spray.

what do you guys think? i originally thought that he must have sprayed to keep it as close as it was. or maybe those stall converters really help the automatics.

what is the typical outcome between bolt on ls1's and pullied cobras with equal drivers? maybe he sprayed?

-pete
:rockon:

I don't know how many people I have told this to. STOP playing with that piece of crap eaton, and go get you a kenne bell or whipple. Dale Scranko can make you a special deal on one. www. gofastfords.com go to the contact section. With the eaton you are totally burning your cash. With the kenne bell, You can get more horsepower on lower boost levels. There is no competition.

As for if he was spraying or not, there are too many variables. Go get a damn real blower instead of one that blows C@ck and it probably wont matter about his N20.
:rockon: :rockon: P.S. Get rid of the P.O.Sheet eaton.

Last edited:

86style

Established Member
want to lend me some $$$, than i can go get that whipple or kenne bell? :rockon:

Last edited:

no slow 88

Established Member
IF I'M NOT MISTAKING 86STYLE SAID HE HAD 2.5 CAR ON HIM WHEN 3RD CAME AND WENT, BUT ALL THE SUDDEN AT THE NEAR END OF FOURTH HE SAID THE SS WAS A COUPLE BUS LENGHT'S BACK. HHHHMMMMMM!!! MAYBE THE CAMMARO LET OFF. SO WHAT IS REALLY THE TRUTH? THEN AGIAN IT IS BLOWER VS ALL MOTOR.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
want to lend me some $$$, than i can go get that whipple or kenne bell? :rockon:

I was just making shure you knew that the eaton wasn't worth crap. keep checking the website sometimes we get in used wipple kits for around 3k installed. Save your $$:beer:

86style

Established Member
Originally posted by no slow 88
IF I'M NOT MISTAKING 86STYLE SAID HE HAD 2.5 CAR ON HIM WHEN 3RD CAME AND WENT, BUT ALL THE SUDDEN AT THE NEAR END OF FOURTH HE SAID THE SS WAS A COUPLE BUS LENGHT'S BACK. HHHHMMMMMM!!! MAYBE THE CAMMARO LET OFF. SO WHAT IS REALLY THE TRUTH? THEN AGIAN IT IS BLOWER VS ALL MOTOR.

when i talked to the guy after, he said he stayed in it the whole time. he actually asked me what i had in the car because he said when i hit fourth i started to walk him badly..i.e. bus-length.
i think his auto trans/converter combo started to hurt him the faster we went.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
when i talked to the guy after, he said he stayed in it the whole time. he actually asked me what i had in the car because he said when i hit fourth i started to walk him badly..i.e. bus-length.
i think his auto trans/converter combo started to hurt him the faster we went.

Sounds about right to me, if you would of had more road you could have raped him even worse.. Nice Kill :beer:

Isn't the saying run what you brung and hope it is enough or go the flock home???:cryying: :rockon:

I bet that bottle was empty next time get his bottle and unhook it and put it out of his car. Race him for a mile or two down the interstate and see what the outcome is like.......:uh oh:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Re: Re: 04 Pullied Cobra -vs- 2000 SS last night....insight please?

Originally posted by charged98cobra

I don't know how many people I have told this to. STOP playing with that piece of crap eaton, and go get you a kenne bell or whipple. Dale Scranko can make you a special deal on one. www. gofastfords.com go to the contact section. With the eaton you are totally burning your cash. With the kenne bell, You can get more horsepower on lower boost levels. There is no competition.

As for if he was spraying or not, there are too many variables. Go get a damn real blower instead of one that blows C@ck and it probably wont matter about his N20.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a big fan of the eaton, are ya? hahahahaha...that ws nice.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member

Okay moneybags, the heaton may not be the best thing in the world but for those of us who do not have an extra five large to drop on a KB, the pullies/idlers etc. has to do for a while. I don't know what you have in your 98 but you better be packing a BEEEG punch to talk that much shit on the heaton blowers. Ineffiecient or not, they will still put a daily driven cobra over 500rwhp for a small investment in aftermarket support. Tell us what your 98 takes to put out numbers like that (and not tear itself apart) and then we can debate as to who needs the better setup.

jasil

Established Member
I don't think he was spraying either. Most stalled SS's that I see with similiar mods are trapping 110-114mph.

You beat him by 2.5-3 cars to 15-110 sounds about right to me. If he would have sprayed ya'll definately would have not been even at the punch. A stalled SS with Juice will beat all but the best driven pullied cobras.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 04 Pullied Cobra -vs- 2000 SS last night....insight please?

Originally posted by TrueBlueGT
Okay moneybags, the heaton may not be the best thing in the world but for those of us who do not have an extra five large to drop on a KB, the pullies/idlers etc. has to do for a while. I don't know what you have in your 98 but you better be packing a BEEEG punch to talk that much shit on the heaton blowers. Ineffiecient or not, they will still put a daily driven cobra over 500rwhp for a small investment in aftermarket support. Tell us what your 98 takes to put out numbers like that (and not tear itself apart) and then we can debate as to who needs the better setup.

There's nothing wrong with an Eaton supercharger. It's a factory blower that will rocket an 03' cobra well into the 11's or better. His 98 cobra can take an LT-1.

As for what it takes to get a 98 to 500rwhp...not much really. Those things love boost and hold up fairly well for having non-forged internals. But he's not boosted and could only hope to get at least an eaton.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member

Can I have the blower since it is considered junk?

Users who are viewing this thread