04 termi running rough...smart guys come on in!

taylorcrzy

Established Member
Car runs perfectly at idle and wideband shows 14.7, once you give it gas it goes super lean around 19 and falls on its face. I have checked fuel pressure and it's perfect at 39 psi on a scanner and 30 lbs by gauge off the fuel rail. The fuel pressure doesn't drop off once you crack the throttle. I sprayed brake cleaner around the supercharger and all vacuum lines and also smoked the intake looking for vacuum leaks. I replaced the spark plugs, coil packs and the entire fuel system to include both pumps, FPDM, and FRPS. The car has a kennel bell 2.4 on it since 2005. I have a datalog from HP Tuners if someone would be willing to take a look at it and give me a recommendation. I am completely stumped!

olympic

Established Member
My car did that when I first bought it, turned out to be a garbage tune. Did this issue occur after you changed something or did it start happening out of the blue? Another thing I've seen cause it is a big voltage dip when applying throttle. This can happen if the alternator or battery is weak or you have alot of power hungry things that kick on when accelerating like a BAP, meth injection, etc. This is easy to spot in a datalog but I'l leave that to someone else as I'm far from an expert in that area.

taylorcrzy

Established Member
Car just started running like crap outta the blue. Car has a new battery and doesn't seem to struggle when it starts. No BAP or meth injection.

olympic

Established Member
Any chance of a dirty MAF sensor? Any codes? If there are no codes then getting someone to interpret the datalogs is the best bet. No use throwing more parts at it.

taylorcrzy

Established Member
The MAF is an ABACO four sensor unit that had a broken diode on one of the sensors so I replaced it with a new unit.

MustangThief

Established Member
I was gonna say check for leaks but saw you did that... what power are you making? You said you don't have a bap? Do you have injectors? With my mods I had to do a MAFia and 63# injectors.

Have you tried reuploading your tune or changing to another tune? I have a performance tune with a few extra *'s timing and a daily driver tune, and a "bad gas" tune that pulls timing.

I'm not a tuner but I used to scour over my tune and read my datalogs quite a bit when I was really into running around with my laptop in the car. If you wanna upload the datalog i can see if i see anything glaring but if you had it on a dyno a tuner could probably see the issue within a few minutes

Users who are viewing this thread