04' Terminator VS 05 Vette

Mikeyg6767

Established Member
I know the numbers are pretty close (favor the vette) stock to stock will it be a close run ??? My guess would be a drivers race ??

inputs please

I've lined up to them a few times on the road and wondered.

thanks

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I think the 05 Vette would win. Most magazines say that it goes 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, compared to a 4.6 for the Cobra. I'd still take the Cobra any day, though, since it is a modder's dream car. Mods on a Cobra ACTUALLY make a significant difference, even with just simple ones like the FIPK and Catback. Vettes faster stock, but I'd take a the Cobra.

Orange Poison

Established Member
You would think the C6 would win....but go on all the Corvette forums and allot of owners are bitchin' about not crackin' into the 12's. Seriously, they're all bewildered.

The C6 is supposed to be faster on the top end then the Z06, but not quicker in acceleration.

I think it will be close...give the Cobra an intake and catback and I'll give the edge to the Cobra. I don't think it'll need a smaller pulley.

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
It'll need more than a CAI and CB! :rolleyes:

Maybe with you behind the wheel.....j/k

No, seriously there are cases where a CB & CAI Cobra can edge out a or least run door to door with a Z06.

By ways of the Z06 having a little more hp plus being lighter than the new C6 is what I'm basing my opinion on.

Plus, like I said...there are allot guys out with Z06's that have new C6's and can't crack a high twelve.

Time will tell, but unless you've already got your a$$ handed to you by a C6...then I'll side with you :rolleyes: back at you

Last edited:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
I beat a Z06 at the track. We both had cat backs and CAI, but I had an x-pipe & predator tune.

I beat him by a 10th and we were both ok drivers...

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Im pretty sure an CAI/Catback 03 Cobra will take a C6. It may catch up in the higher range of triple digit speeds, however. only IMO, obviously.

rezcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
It'll be out in 06 but of course be an 07 model!

So in other words the 07 Cobra will be revealed in 14 months in Detriot!!!!! :rockon: That is if the greenies don't scare Ford into letting the Cobra follow the Lightnings path!! :(

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
There was a c6 vette at the track this wed night and the guy that brought it also has a 7 second rail so he is no stranger to racing... he spun some but not real bad... he ran in the 13.60's he was very dissapointed. Humidity was very high and it was around 80 degrees also. so that may have had a factor in it.

Users who are viewing this thread