04 Termi's Value

04SNAKESHFTON

Established Member
Here is a short explanation of my car. I have what is for all intents and purposes a 2004 Cobra with 9K on it. I rebuilt a wrecked 2000 V6 Mustang with the parts from a 2004 Cobra. Every piece from the cobra was transferred including the wiring all the way from the engine to the gas tank. The car is in tip top shape and even cobra owners think its a 2004 Termi till I tell them it is a 2000 V6 car.

My question is what is this car worth? It is still titled as a 2000 which is great for insurance purposes but runs like a stripped assed ape. What are your thoughts.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Seeing as how it doesnt have the numbered exclusivity anymore, I would say that you could get around $15-17K, if that. This is just off the top of my head, but thats what I'm thinking.

04SNAKESHFTON

Established Member
How can it only be 10? It still has the entire drivetrain, irs, seats, hood, bumpers... its a termi in every way. The paint job is actually probably better than the factory paint... Just seems low thats all. I could part the car out for 10K!

Juruense

Banned
It would be worth more to part it out. For trade in purposes it will be appraised as a heavily modified 2000 V-6 Mustang. For private party sale it will bring what someone is willing to pay.

dragon40k

Established Member
Why would you do such a thing? Where did you get all these terminator parts? Why didn't you just fix up the cobra? All you have is a v6 with what I assume is a well done parts swap. Less than 15k for sure. I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole.

04SNAKESHFTON

Established Member
The Cobra was a light rollover and I just bought the few body parts I needed. If nothing else I have a great car with 10K invested and a 70$ a month insurance bill. Thanks for the input.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Barely 10k

he's about right on this one. Bottom line its a 6 cyl. body with the drivetrain of an 04 cobra...it carries with it NONE of the collectibility or the excluseivity of the real thing.

The smarter thing would have been to put all taht into a Fox...you woulda sold it for 15k then

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
If it was done to a high level of quality I imagine the right buyer would pay $15,000 to $17,000. I can't help but think of the "Teal Terminator" with a similiar story. Most of the members here would buy that car for $15,000 given the chance.

04SNAKESHFTON

Established Member
I know one thing for sure. Anybody who truely wanted a terminator would buy the car in a heartbeat once they drove it. Its a termi in everyway, 6 disc, svt gauges, wheels, cobra air bag.... all the details are there and from a 9K car. Whats the drivetrain alone worth?

04SNAKESHFTON

Established Member
Thats the thing I don't really want to sell it... Just kind of curious to see what my time was worth. I figured this was the best place to get a good idea. You can't exactly type this car into Kelley Blue Book. The car looks more like a stolen cobra with a switched vin tag than a complete rebuild.

04SNAKESHFTON

Established Member
or maybe someone who didn't have 25K to spend on something they were going to use as more of a toy than a daily driver.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
You coud post it in the market and see what you can get, there are a lot of younger guys interested in the Terminators and can afford the payments but can't afford the insurance. Honestly I could see you getting around 15K if you find the right buyer.

So the motor has 9K or the car has 9K? Is the motor stock? Pics would be nice, i'd like to see the work that was done?

Josh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread