'05/'06 Mustang GT Gives Up Quickly

Mighty Rooster

Mega Bullitthead
Established Member
So I am taking advantage of a warm afternoon by putting a few miles on the Bullitt. I turn onto a dual lane road and to my left see an '05/'06 Mustang GT sitting at the light. I cruise down the street and can see this Mustang darting in and out of traffic to catch up with me (oh you poor misguided little fella'). I pull up to a red light and to my surprise it is a woman driving and I think 'well, good for her'. The light turns green and she just creeps through the intersection. I respond with a quick run up through the gears to 45MPH at a leisurely pace. We catch the next light and I figured there wasn't going to be any racing today so I just focused my attention on finding some tunes on the radio. The light turns green and once again she creeps across the intersection. I shift into 2nd and at that moment, BANG, she leaps on the throttle while still in first gear. My first thought is 'that sneaky bastage' and of course immediately pound on the pedal, still in 2nd gear. Now, she had quite a jump but by the top of 2nd I had made it interesting and then came 3rd... I was very excited to start pulling like I knew I would but only got to put about two cars on her before she just quit. With the suddeness of her quiting, I immediately started looking for a polic officer or other road hazard, but there were none to be found. It is my sincere hope that she does not think she actually 'hung' with me on a level playing field. I still whooped her to sixty and was about to lay down some serious punishment when she called it quits. If I see her again, I am going to launch like there is no tomorrow in order to remove all doubt. A kill? Yes. Pleased about the margin of victory, Heck NO! Oh well, at least she may have a story to tell her friends. Until next time...

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Great Kill MightRooster!!! Teach those misguided GT's a lesson. ha ha i love it when they pull up to me and think....hey its just a 95 cobra;)

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
Mighty Rooster said:
Having someone jump on it when you are already in 2nd is like being sucker punched! :nonono:

serious hah

"hmm lets just have a go from..... 2k then"

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Supercharged cars without exterior mods are like a box of chocolates...

....you NEVER know what you GONNA GET! :bash:

beautiful kill :rockon:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Where is McKinney, TX? I'd like to see how that Bullit of yours runs. I knew a guy down here with a Paxton blown Stage 2 Roush, but we never got it on. Turns out, I saw his car on a website for a local place and they published around 330 at the tires for his car. What does yours put to the tires? Have you ever run it?

Mighty Rooster

Mega Bullitthead
Established Member
McKinney is north of Dallas about 30 miles. The numbers on the Roush are pretty decent. I am making a little more than 330 though! :) I have run in the 12s on my street tires but the car is far more at home on the twisties with its suspension setup. I like the 'Box of Chocolates' quote from above. I agree, I get a lot of surprised people because my car is pretty plain looking and not that loud (relatively speaking). Thanks for all the 'props'!

TKEUofM

Established Member
Nice kill.

I hate when 05/06 owners make us good guys look bad. Some people are just ignorant. Your car is a bit of a sleeper if I was just to pull up on you at a light.

If we did run and you smoked me I would give props once I found out all the work you put into your car. I've got a lot of respect for anyone who puts their time and hard earned money to make their car nice.

Mighty Rooster

Mega Bullitthead
Established Member
TKEUofM said:
Nice kill.

I hate when 05/06 owners make us good guys look bad. Some people are just ignorant. Your car is a bit of a sleeper if I was just to pull up on you at a light.

If we did run and you smoked me I would give props once I found out all the work you put into your car. I've got a lot of respect for anyone who puts their time and hard earned money to make their car nice.

I appreciate the kind words. I respect any nice car, espeically American V8s, gotta love 'em! I don't begrudge the driver for trying to get a little jump on me, I was just caught be surprise by the 'possum like' tactics at the previous light. I like the 'sleeper' look, or lack there of as it were. The reason I liked the Bullitt in the first place when I saw it at the new car show in 2000 was that it was very understated. I have tried to keep the exterior as 'quiet' as possible. It is no race car by any stretch, but I have put a lot of my time into it and absolutely love it! Thanks Again!

shocker 420

Established Member
Nice kill, I would have never thought that a lady in a 05 GT would have done that if she was next to me at a stop light.

Users who are viewing this thread