05 F250 Plain Commercial Wiring Questions

KPSVO

Established Member
I have a stock 05 F250 PSD auto SD plain white commercial, regular cab with no power / electrical options except cruise control. It also has the dual alternators from the factory. I would like to eventually add some driving lights, run extra power to the trailer to run an electric winch which I've been running with a booster pack. Also maybe someday add power windows so I don't have to reach across to the window crank to let the window down. My question is : Does Ford use a "standard" wiring harness? Meaning all the wires & plugs are there, just no switches or motors, etc? I've found a 4 wire lead near the master cylinder that goes to nothing. I'm wondering if this could be the supply for driving lights? On the trailer plug there is a (+) at the 1:00 postion and a (-) at the 7:00 postion. I guess this is a fused power supply? I haven't checked the fuse panel or pulled door panels yet. I checked the owners manual and I didn't see anything. I've asked at the dealer which got me a blank stare. I also looked around at www.fordtrucks.com and found a ton of stuff on dual alts but nothing about accessories. Can anybody give me a link or direct me to where I could come up with wiring routing / diagrams?

Users who are viewing this thread