05 GT Mike Davidson Ford Dealer Premium in Jacksonville FL

CobraOne

Established Member
I just wanted to share with everyone an experience I had yesterday when my local ford sales rep called and told me he had a black 05 GT in stock that a customer had ordered. The customer had to back out on the deal so I got a call to take a look at the car. It was a beautiful car with all the options including the upgraded stereo and wheels and interior package. List price including the options was around 29k. I went to work on the number with the sales guy and then he comes back to tell me that they now have a $3500 premium in addition to the 29k. I told him that the dealership was smoking crack and that I paid about that amount for my new 2004 Cobra. I also told him in 6 months he would be calling me and begging me to take one of the new GTs along with a rebate......

Needless to say I left the dealership and on my way out gave the 2 other guys checking out the car a heads up on the premium...needless to say I think their sales guy lost out on that sale as well....

I don't know what the dealers are thinking but they definitely are crazy thinking everyone is going to pay any kind of a premium on car that in 6 months will have dealer lots swamped.........Don't plan on coming to the Mike Davidson ford in Jax since they are smoking crack.....

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
CobraOne said:
I just wanted to share with everyone an experience I had yesterday when my local ford sales rep called and told me he had a black 05 GT in stock that a customer had ordered. The customer had to back out on the deal so I got a call to take a look at the car. It was a beautiful car with all the options including the upgraded stereo and wheels and interior package. List price including the options was around 29k. I went to work on the number with the sales guy and then he comes back to tell me that they now have a $3500 premium in addition to the 29k. I told him that the dealership was smoking crack and that I paid about that amount for my new 2004 Cobra. I also told him in 6 months he would be calling me and begging me to take one of the new GTs along with a rebate......

Needless to say I left the dealership and on my way out gave the 2 other guys checking out the car a heads up on the premium...needless to say I think their sales guy lost out on that sale as well....

I don't know what the dealers are thinking but they definitely are crazy thinking everyone is going to pay any kind of a premium on car that in 6 months will have dealer lots swamped.........Don't plan on coming to the Mike Davidson ford in Jax since they are smoking crack.....

wow, that is where i started selling cars in 1987 :D . yeah they havent changed much then....

if you are serious send me a pm i have about 4 or 5 in stock. no premium as well...

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
bbp42d said:
i have about 4 or 5 in stock. no premium as well...

I have one ordered so I am not a customer. I do know a couple of people that are looking for a GT-5 speed car. Do you have any in stock at actual MSRP (or below)?

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
I have one ordered so I am not a customer. I do know a couple of people that are looking for a GT-5 speed car. Do you have any in stock at actual MSRP (or below)?

i have a red on red 5 speed on the way any day, pm me for more info, and to answer your question, yes....
also i have a gray roush in stock as well..

billy

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
bbp42d said:
i have a red on red 5 speed on the way any day, pm me for more info, and to answer your question, yes....
:-D Hmm, yes you have them in stock for MSRP; or yes, you have a red one on the way and will sell it for MSRP? :shrug:

Regardless, you are doing well to be able to get them. I called on mine and it will be more than two months before it comes in (no VIN yet)......that will be 8 months after the order....

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
:-D Hmm, yes you have them in stock for MSRP; or yes, you have a red one on the way and will sell it for MSRP? :shrug:

Regardless, you are doing well to be able to get them. I called on mine and it will be more than two months before it comes in (no VIN yet)......that will be 8 months after the order....

in stock on in bound. i also have a triple black gt vert on the way as well.
also do the x-plan on order or that one last deal of the month :D

red one at msrp so pm me asap please if you or your freind is serious. i have 56 other salespeople trying to sell it as well. btw it will be here on thursday of next week.

billy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread