05 GT suspension

Tim Lester

Established Member
Hi all im new to the 05 and up mustang,I have a question,just bought a 05 gt and notice that when i go over small bumps in the road that it feels like the front suspension is loose or theres something loose up front.like shocks or something i dont feel anything in the steering wheel i can just here it.Its like a thumping sound over small bumps.Any help would be great tks

Tim l

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
My 05 did the same thing. It also made noise when going from lock to lock on the steering wheel. Your problem is most likely due to the upper strut mounts. There is a TSB out from Ford on these. It is not that big of deal really, unless the noise is just driving your crazy. If you are planning to lower the car, new caster camber plates will solve this issue.

Also you might want to check the endlinks on the sway bar. These have also been known to make some noise. Although most with this issue, is due to lowering the car. Maximum Motorsports has a nice bushing replacement for the stock end links. Other than those two things, I am out of ideas...

Tim Lester

Established Member
Thanks for the help.what was wrong with the strut mounts.i dont get any noise from turning the wheel left or right.
Were would i find the TSB at?

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
My 05 did the same thing. It also made noise when going from lock to lock on the steering wheel. Your problem is most likely due to the upper strut mounts. There is a TSB out from Ford on these. It is not that big of deal really, unless the noise is just driving your crazy. If you are planning to lower the car, new caster camber plates will solve this issue.

Also you might want to check the endlinks on the sway bar. These have also been known to make some noise. Although most with this issue, is due to lowering the car. Maximum Motorsports has a nice bushing replacement for the stock end links. Other than those two things, I am out of ideas...

x2

Probably the mounts tho

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Thanks for the help.what was wrong with the strut mounts.i dont get any noise from turning the wheel left or right.
Were would i find the TSB at?

As far as the exact design flaw that made the strut mount make a popping/loose sound, I could not tell you. But when Ford took the old strut mounts out of my GT the noise went away with them. You can find TSB's for your car through Google ( 2005 Ford Mustang GT TSB).

Tim Lester

Established Member
Does anybody else have the same problem or have had this sort of problem?Did u fix it and how much did it cost?

Tks Tim L

Users who are viewing this thread