05 GT vs. 04 cobra vert(vid)

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Well since 02GTP has been banned or awhile now I will post another terminator kill for him to stir the pot a little. His car (05 GT) has c&l racer cold air, charge motion deletes, ud pullies, pypes headers, o/r x, MAC mufflers, 4:10's, comp stage 2 nsr's and tuned by him. It made 331 to the wheels and weighs 3380 with no one it it. The 04 Cobra vert was bone stock. Both cars had a passenger for the race.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwAxGwZOaLU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- MUSTANG VS COBRA.AVI[/nomedia]

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
No supercharger sound from the 04 :shrug: even stock you can hear the eaton :??:

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
I knew one the first posts would be "you can't here the blower!" Longtubes, o/r x, and just mufflers on the 05 drown it out. I saw it, it was an 04 cobra.

whiplash306

Established Member
I'm not surprised...the '04 Cobra weighs in at around 3,800-3,850 lbs vs his 3,380 lbs. That's almost 500 lbs to make up for. Looks like both cars had a total of 2 people. We have no idea the the skill of the Cobra driver as your buddy was runnin' through the gears quite well in his car. I couldn't hear a THING from the Cobra....ha! Strong runnin' '05 for sure! However, the Cobra was BONE STOCK and just BARELY lost to your buddies '05 which has some very tasteful mods!

iggster

Established Member
I knew one the first posts would be "you can't here the blower!" Longtubes, o/r x, and just mufflers on the 05 drown it out. I saw it, it was an 04 cobra.

Ummm this car has the stock eaton and pulley at the time of the video and can clearly hear the eaton over long tubes,o/r x and borla stingers.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJOOWZWDQA"]YouTube- 04 Cobra with Mac Longtubes, O/R Xpipe and Borla Stingers[/nomedia]

convert03cobra

Established Member
I'm gonna say 99 or 01 cobra with an 03/04 front/rear bumber. Stock eaton is loud and you would have heard it.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
doesnt look like a cobra once he gets out of it the way the lights sit, specially the fog lights at the bottom. I can hear that its defintely not supercharged or you would have defintely heard it being right beside the car when the hood was at your door. I have an 04 and trust it will defintely sound off through the midnight air lol.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I still call BS or it wasn't a true 03-04 Cobra. My 05GT had JLT CAI, motion delete, ford headers, o/r H pipe, flowmaster catback, 4.30 gears, Xcal 3 with a brenspeed 91 tune (not a dyno tune though) and only made 293rwhp SAE dynojet.

I raced a complete stock 2004 Cobra coupe. Took off in 3rd, around 40mph and at first, i couldn't hear the SC whine either which made me think it was a Fobra, plus i got around a 3 car jump on him.(4.30 gears helped on that) by the time i hit probably around 65-70mph, he caught up and slowly was walking me( could def hear the SC whine then). if we would have went to 100, he would have had about 5-6 cars on me or more. Another reason why i got rid of my 05GT and got a 03 Cobra. I know what my 05 felt with that power and when it was pushing 368rwhp with a 100 shot and how it felt with no nitrous but stage3 cams pushing 330rwhp (not tuned). My opinion, since i've had a 05GT with some mods and now own a Cobra....there's no way.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
yall can not be serious? I had the same mods as the 05 gt in the vid i was (100lbs) lighter tho and i stayed locked with a i think stock 06 z51 vette from a 40 hit.. just a fyi..

Last edited by a moderator:

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
So you guys think a 3800lb 360whp car cant loose to a 3380lb car with 331whp? especially when it was a hot and humid night and the cobra was probably heatsoaked cause he was beating on it most of the night. the 05 is very loud and drowns out the sound of the blower. HE WENT THROUGH THIS AGAINST VIPERMUSCLE AND HE POSTED UNDERHOOD VIDEOS.

dirtyo2000, its really sad that u own a cobra and dont know what they look like.

convert03cobra, so yea his 3380lb 331wheel gt barely beat a stock 99 vert cobra, yea that makes sense. im sorry that u probably got beat by a 3 valve in your all mighty cobra.

whitricobra, so your GT that made about 40 less to the wheels raced a lighter cobra and lost so that makes his kill not possible? his GT would have smoked yours.

when my cobra ran a 12.9@108 we were pretty much dead even.

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I'm not sure why everyone is surprised... The Cobra is probably making what 30-40 whp more than the GT on a good day, that coupled with what is a 500-600lbs difference in weight it is pretty believable to me? :shrug:

iggster

Established Member
convert03cobra, so yea his 3380lb 331wheel gt barely beat a stock 99 vert cobra, yea that makes sense. im sorry that u probably got beat by a 3 valve in your all mighty cobra.
You dont even know what his cobra has :shrug: maybe your friends 3valve can beat my mach to :kaboom:

iggster

Established Member
Maybe it can.

pig1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread