05 Paxton charged vs Termi

06F-150XL

Established Member
which would be faster?? the termi or the 05 paxton charged GT??

about to sell my truck and am getting back in a mustang, but i can get the paxton charged with like 50K miles for $17K and the termis for anywhere between $18K - $25.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I would steer clear from a blown '05 with 50k miles, most likely the car has had the piss run out of it.
To answer your question we will need more info on both cars
For the '05...how much boost?, any supporting mods? (engine, suspension)
For the termi...stock, modified?

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I would steer clear from a blown '05 with 50k miles, most likely the car has had the piss run out of it.
To answer your question we will need more info on both cars
For the '05...how much boost?, any supporting mods? (engine, suspension)
For the termi...stock, modified?

I would definitely agree. I mean, there is a good chance the car has been ragged out. But on the flip side I have known people with forced induced cars to have accumulated high mileage from highway commuting, so you never know. Sometimes the owner of that car can tell give it away.

But in the end, we definitely need to know more about both cars.

06F-150XL

Established Member
well, the 05 is at a dealership up in stone mountain and have no idea about any mods done to it..

stock termi i guess, getting from a dealership more then likely but wouldnt mind a private seller if i can get the cash.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
well the 05 is pretty much at its limit until you build the motor, the Terminator can be faster for less $$...

killbee

Established Member
which would be faster?? the termi or the 05 paxton charged GT??

about to sell my truck and am getting back in a mustang, but i can get the paxton charged with like 50K miles for $17K and the termis for anywhere between $18K - $25.

Well I wouldnt jump on an 05 w/50k miles for $17 to start with. You should be able to pick up an 05 with less miles somewhere between $13k and $15k. Right now is a great time to buy a car, dealers are desperate to sell. Then buy a supercharger and install it if thats what you want. You just dont know how one has been installed or run if its bought used. Did they upgrade the fuel pumps, injectors, etc? Was it tuned correctly for the boost? Do it yourself then you know its right to start with.

Stang925

Established Member
yea I have a 07 myself and if i was in the market for one of those cars i would not be looking at a blown 05 GT 50k miles on it. me personally i would get a terminator i think you would be in better hands.

ultamax

Established Member
How are u going to use the car? There are ride differences, interiors, comfort, engineering etc. The Terminator has more power potential since the motor is stonger and 4V heads, but then again the IRS holds it back at some point (and we've seen the S197s handling better despite live axle). Then there's the whole driver mod issue... I know of two built Termis in my area that perform under their potential. One guy is still sorting his out, but I have no idea what the other guy's problem is.

svtrookie

Established Member
I think the terminator would be a far better choice. . .Factory blown supercharged with a built motor vs a higher mileage 05 with a aftermarket blower. . Don't get me wrong I like 05+ mustangs but I would feel better buying a Cobra in this situation.

Last edited:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Like others have mentioned it all depends on what kind of car you're looking for. The interior in the S197 is superior than that of the Terminator. Exterior looks I think the Terminator beats the S197s hands down. I would trust the engine of the Terminator far more than that of a blown 50K mile S197. Potential wise the Terminator once again beats the S197. I'll be honest with you if I wasn't in such a hurry to buy a mustang 4 years ago and I knew then what I know now about mustangs I would of bought a Terminator. I say terminator all the way but take your time with your purchase.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
this is the video that convinced me to trade the s197
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJ62ZYRxuM]YouTube - 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra VS 2006 Procharged Mustang GT[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread