05 stang at the strip!!

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
i was at my local dragstrip on sunday and had the pleasure of watching an 05 mustang gt run. it was sick :rockon: , it ran a 12.75 on just an exhaust, nittos, and cold air intake. it sounded wicked and looked really good with the black deep dish bullitts. just thought you would want to kno that it trashed a new 06 WRX STI.

CaDDy

Banned
Should have gotten it on video!!!

I ran my 05 at the strip against my friends 03 STi, unfortunatly i had only had the car for a month (my first 5 speed and RWD car), anyway i only ran my car 3 times before my friend with the STi had to go home :(
I was happy with my runs as i got better times each run, I'm really hoping to get in the 13's this year when the track opens up.

05 GT

14.4----@101
14.2----@101
14.0----@100

03 STi
13.7----@98
13.5----@99
13.4----@98

v8venomgt

Established Member
Caddy92 said:
Should have gotten it on video!!!

I ran my 05 at the strip against my friends 03 STi, unfortunatly i had only had the car for a month (my first 5 speed and RWD car), anyway i only ran my car 3 times before my friend with the STi had to go home :(
I was happy with my runs as i got better times each run, I'm really hoping to get in the 13's this year when the track opens up.

05 GT

14.4----@101
14.2----@101
14.0----@100

03 STi
13.7----@98
13.5----@99
13.4----@98
what track is open right now? i thought they all open early april

CaDDy

Banned
Opps my bad... when I ran the Sti it was October of 2005. And your absolutely right they do open in April, I've only been to a 1/4 track once and i went to Byron that time. What track(s) do you go to?

CaDDy

Banned
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
thats cool bro, good luck with the 13's. these cars are very capable of it stock.

BTW that '69 Mach in your sig is :bowdown: It must be great to own your two cars!

v8venomgt

Established Member
Caddy92 said:
Opps my bad... when I ran the Sti it was October of 2005. And your absolutely right they do open in April, I've only been to a 1/4 track once and i went to Byron that time. What track(s) do you go to?
usually union grove :bash: and ive only been to byron once :thumbsup:

CaDDy

Banned
v8venomgt said:
usually union grove :bash: and ive only been to byron once :thumbsup:

BTW sorry to hijack your thread PainTrain.

Venom would you say Union Grove is a better track? and how busy is the place? Byron kinda looks like its falling apart, at least the parking lot areas and the piece of concrete where the pre-stagings lanes are. Oh well i go for the racing not the scenery :burnout: But i cant really say the actual strip was bad.

v8venomgt

Established Member
Caddy92 said:
BTW sorry to hijack your thread PainTrain.

Venom would you say Union Grove is a better track? and how busy is the place? Byron kinda looks like its falling apart, at least the parking lot areas and the piece of concrete where the pre-stagings lanes are. Oh well i go for the racing not the scenery :burnout: But i cant really say the actual strip was bad.
ive been to byron once and liked it better, people also usually tend to run quicker there for some reason. byron is a grassroots type of track if that makes any sense. i likethe atmosphere, but usuaully the prep is so-so but i have cut one 1.8s on 215/35/17 nittos there

turbosaleen

Established Member
if yoru runing 14s with a 05 learn to drive or put something besides regular unleaded in it.

i took mine with 250 miles on the clock to the track and ran 13.6 at 102 stone stock to the air filter.

Hissnhoss

1 Rotation @ A time....
Established Member
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
i was at my local dragstrip on sunday and had the pleasure of watching an 05 mustang gt run. it was sick :rockon: , it ran a 12.75 on just an exhaust, nittos, and cold air intake. it sounded wicked and looked really good with the black deep dish bullitts. just thought you would want to kno that it trashed a new 06 WRX STI.

I was at the track the other sat night at Bama Raceway and a 06 WRX STI thrashed a 05 GT, Guess it depends on who's driving them.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Union grove seems to run slow, and trap low too for some reason. It is very possible to run good times there, but it seems you do have to drive the hell outta it.

Paul

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
!!!PainTrain!!! said:

REally? Dont' mean to sound like an a$$, but that is a full second on CAI, exhaust and DRs alone....is it a full exhaust (headers and all), with a Tune?

Nice ET, regardless. :beer:

CaDDy

Banned
1fastz said:
if yoru runing 14s with a 05 learn to drive or put something besides regular unleaded in it.

i took mine with 250 miles on the clock to the track and ran 13.6 at 102 stone stock to the air filter.

Is yours auto or 5-speed, and if it was a 5-speed were you powershifting :burnout: ?

Yea, i definately need to learn how to drive this beast :uh oh: .

I've been driving my car alot more and i no longer have to think about what gear to put it in at given speed and rpm, also i notice i no longer have to "find" a gear anymore. When i took it to the track i had maybe a months driving experience with a 300HP RWD 5-speed (Look at my Username to see what i was driving before).

I'm probably gonna go to the 1/4 strip in April and I KNOW i'll hit 13's, wether or not i run in the mid 13's is another question.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
REally? Dont' mean to sound like an a$$, but that is a full second on CAI, exhaust and DRs alone....is it a full exhaust (headers and all), with a Tune?

Nice ET, regardless. :beer:

it was a full exhaust and a tune. i don't remember what exhaust it was tho. sorry. Caddy92, thanks. i am a lucky man to own two great cars.

Users who are viewing this thread