05 ZO6 euthanized

vetteterminator

Established Member
This is the first time I have posted in Road Kill. I haven't been able to drive my COBRA since my return to the States. I was on a drive to my new Duty station in GA. While traveling through Alabama I saw a Vette in front of me so I accelerated to 120mhp and passed him. I slowed to 80mph and waited to see what he was going to do. (I didn't know if he was an old man or what) Once he realized what had just happened he caught up and rode my ass for a second. At 95-100 mph I just kept it in 6th and opened her up, as he tried to go around me. I thought I would have to down shift but, this bitch just cold not keep up. (I guess he has no top end) At 160mph I saw him in my rear view slow down to the speed limit. Is it just me or do these things have a 175 mph top speed! or maybe it was a faux and not a real ZO6. Any way he sucked **** him.

novass72

Established Member
I think maybe he wasn't as liberal with the gas pedal as you. Not saying your car couldn't beat him but Z06's, especially 03-05's, got just as much pep at top speed as they do down low. Just my opinion though, you could've just smoked him so bad he didn't want to play!

Steve2050

Established Member
Not trying to be a smart ass, but you are lucky not to torch your engine with WOT 5-6 pulls.

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
was it the C6 or C5 Z? one has pop up headlights and one doesn't. I'd say you'd take a C5 Z but a C6 Z would at the least be right there with you even if you had downshifted to 3rd like you should.... A stock c5 would have blown by you if you left it in 6th at 80mph. Sorry but you are an idiot for that and lucky for not toasting your engine doing that. moron...

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I think by "05 Z06" he meant it was the C6 model. The C6 Z06 came back for the '06 model year.

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
also in the Vette's you can only do WOT runs in 5th. 6th is an overdrive gear and a top speed of only 145 in 6th. 5th will go up to 175 in the coupes and 173 in the Z06's(these are C5's mind you)

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
i am a ford guy through and though but just common sense and basic laws of aerodynamics and power to weight ratio would tell me that a Z06 (especially a C6) would rape me at 150+ mph (and im in the 650 rwhp range). . ? Not saying I doubt your story but i suspect maybe he was gingerly on the go-pedal. .

be careful on them topend interstate runs. . they are lots o fun, but so is jumping out of an airplane with NO parachute. . . .until impact. .results would be the same.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
a newer c6 zo6 would be a good run for a 580 plus hp cobra if the z is basically stock. but if its got bolt ons you would be in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread