06 GT turbo vs. Camaro SS vs. GT 500

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Runs strong when in boost, having a problem with idling and just crusing, keeps throwing rich codes. So I'll talk to Rob about it and see what he can do or figure out.

chuckstang

Established Member
Nice vid.
I still think the GT500 is an overpriced big fat pig for what it offers.
Jeff

Dude I thought that too, but drive in one!

I made 515rwhp with a freaking CAI/tune!!!!!!!

2nd gear tires break lose at just over 4krpms

Educate yourself man

I will have close to 600rwhp with an unported, stock motor, after I get back from Evo this spring. They are just under 200 pounds heavier than your car, get over yourself haha

Terminator is awsome, and heavy as well just like the GT500, more cubes and better blower just equal more HP/tq and the new chassis can actually handle it unlike the old ones where the whole car would shake rattle and roll as if it was going to fall apart

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
So tell me why again ford didn't just turbo the 3v 4.6 and use that for the GT500? Its nearly the same boost level, and the turbo car's engine is probably under less stress. Its CLEARLY faster as well.

If you keep the foot out a supercharger you get decent millage. No boost = ok MPG. (7/27).
The '03 Terminators had a gas guzzler tax, the '04 did not.

LS1-Larry

Established Member
Man the GT500 is a sick car.......the weight isnt that big a deal when you look at the potential of these cars........like it or not the GT500 is a BAD MOFO!

Users who are viewing this thread