'06 Lightning

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
does someone out there know for sure if there is or is not going to be an '06 Lightning? i've read some rumors about ford scrapping their plans on it for a number of different reasons. please tell me this is false!!:cryying:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Its all a ploy for people to go out and buy the rest of the Lightnings. Plus the came out with the SVT powerlease program. And it even has the Lightning in there. Sooooo think what you want to think. But I say that they are still going to come out with it next year.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Originally posted by Slider
Its all a ploy for people to go out and buy the rest of the Lightnings. Plus the came out with the SVT powerlease program. And it even has the Lightning in there. Sooooo think what you want to think. But I say that they are still going to come out with it next year.

i actually got my L on that power lease ($50 bucks down, $455 a month for 24 months) because it stated that i could be first in line to order a new L. i hope you're right!!

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Originally posted by Red03SVT
where did you read these rumors?

-Mike

i've read these rumors in this and other forums. but apparently, there is still no conclusive answer. we got one guy saying its a ploy to sell the remaining '04's, and another saying he works for the plant and that plans are on hold.....this is driving me crazy!!!:bash: :bash: :??: :??:

04SVT

Established Member
So this is a good thing if I wanted to sell my 04, right? I would imagine people would pay more for the L's now that there is nothing better to look forward to...

Mike

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
It may just be a matter of personal taste, but I think the new F150 square body/tall size is much more suited to a jacked up 4x4 than a sport truck. The new F150 is simple too big like the SRT10. I am sure it will be a techical marvel, but since it will not fit in my puny garage, I could not get one regardless :)

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i stopped by a dodge dealer today bc they had a black srt-10 sitting out front. I like the front of the truck, and the interior....so i hope ford does come out with that 06' lightning. Otherwise i might have to shift to dodge....

p.s. the sticker price was 46k. i saw someone say they were like 72k

TXRickC

Established Member
$45-$46k is about right. I have seen the Quad-Cab SRT/10 on the street already, not sure on MSRP though. At least it can tow and haul like a real truck, LOL :)

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Originally posted by mostang
I just put together a nice quad SRT-10 and it priced out at 51,300

msrp and sticker price are different than list prices. i think some of the dodge dealers out there were marking up the srt-10 cuz they thought they could get more than sticker. i still think they are overpriced, even at msrp. it's $10k more than the L and not very much faster....if at all.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Originally posted by 00sVt Lightning
p.s. the sticker price was 46k. i saw someone say they were like 72k

That 72K was if you took your brand new truck to Hennesey Motorsports and had them put their twin turbo kit on. Funny thing it, you get their twin turbo kit and you are still only putting 600 something rwhp to the ground.

I'll take my L over an SRT-10 any day.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by Slider

I agree man, they have 04 and 05 f150's are coming in, some places you can buy an 04 for like 25995. cause of incentives, rebates and dealer cash. There will be an 06, we just have to help and get the word about the 04's so they don't sit too long, sell sell, screw SRT-10:kaboom:

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
I agree man, they have 04 and 05 f150's are coming in, some places you can buy an 04 for like 25995. cause of incentives, rebates and dealer cash. There will be an 06, we just have to help and get the word about the 04's so they don't sit too long, sell sell, screw SRT-10:kaboom:

i work for the largest ford dealer in the world, and we've already sold out of our '04 L's. so i hope that means that most of them have sold and we can get to the bottom of this. whats funny is that i still haven't got a clear answer......dammit!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by jazzkiller34
i work for the largest ford dealer in the world, and we've already sold out of our '04 L's. so i hope that means that most of them have sold and we can get to the bottom of this. whats funny is that i still haven't got a clear answer......dammit!

I live pretty close to the midwests largest ford dealer and they have 1 now but a week ago they had 6 and then another svt dealer close to my work has 2 left a week ago had 4, so they are still around and I think they didn't sell as quickly as Ford expected that is why they put a 3000 rebate on them. Don't worry they better make it or every one of us L owners will write them hate mail, we can get the word out and send thousands upon thousands of letters:beer:

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
lol indeed i dont want to say "f**k you ford" im so sick of the slowbra getting all the attention for SVT's as far as im concerned there is a big market for all SVT's i just hope the lightning doesnt become another contour :( we all have to pray and if we hear anything bad... i vote we all go to ford HQ and pickett that shit till they give in to our demands right now all i can tell ford is what i think is the best thing regarding the 2006 Lightning right now and that is "if you build it, they will come"

Users who are viewing this thread