07-09 GT500 vs 2012 Boss

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
You may remember that I made a thread earlier of 07-09 GT500 vs 12 5.0, and I had decided to go with the GT500 but I have recently came across a deal on a 12 Boss.

I am close to pulling the trigger on the Boss because I cant find a good deal on a GT500. Should I wait for the right GT500?

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Gt500.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here comes 5 more pages..haha

If you want to take it to a road course every once and a while, I'd go with the boss. But if you just want to drive around town and have the occasional WOT SC whine, I'd go with the GT500.

The reason the 5.0 was getting mentioned in other threads is because of the additional options that were offered opposed to the 07-09 GT500. A Boss is basically a stripped 5.0 with more power and set up to be race-ready.

Last edited:

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
Here comes 5 more pages..haha

If you want to take it to a road course every once and a while, I'd go with the boss. But if you just want to drive around town and have the occasional WOT SC whine, I'd go with the GT500.

The reason the 5.0 was getting mentioned in other threads is because of the additional options that were offered opposed to the 07-09 GT500. A Boss is basically a stripped 5.0 with more power and set up to be race-ready.

Haha right?
Dang this is tough

I'm biased, but Boss. Boss + Hellion TT kit on 10psi = happy pants.

PM replied

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In your other thread you said you would do mild modifications. If 'mild' is throwing on a Hellion TT, I'd go with the Boss. But if anything short of that, you'd have more fun with the GT500.

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
Depending on the color I would go with Boss..

Boss is Red with White decals :shrug:

In your other thread you said you would do mild modifications. If 'mild' is throwing on a Hellion TT, I'd go with the Boss. But if anything short of that, you'd have more fun with the GT500.

Mild would be:
GT500- Exhaust, pulley, tune
Boss- Exhaust, tune

Maybe down the road a twin screw or a Hellion kit.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Boss all the way, way nicer overall car than last gen GT500s.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
if you arent tracking the car and with the mild bold ons you plan I say gt500 all day long. If you are road racing the car then I say boss

RSbeast

Established Member
Drive both. Don't look at the cost, just get behind the wheel and see what you like more.

I've found buying cars on 'paper' always gets me into the wrong car.

I just bought a Corvette. I drove a c6 z51 car and a c5 z51 car back to back.

I did not buy the car I thought I was going to. I enjoyed the c5 feel much more.

Having driven a gt500 and a KB 5.0 your decision should come to how you feel in the car. I feel MUCH more comfortable in the 10+ cars.

Users who are viewing this thread