07-10 California guys with Trinity TVS...need some input

VNMOUS1

Established Member
OP,

You can run that blower on your car with a 2.50, stock injectors and a fuel pump booster. Or, a 2.50 and 56# injectors (I highly doubt you have 60# injectors). You can do it all on 91. The issue for you is that you don't have knock sensors, so safe timing is in the hands of your calibrator. For 91 with 10% ethanol, we take out a couple of degrees in our base table. You're going to need to watch load on that setup.

BJ

nxhappy

Established Member
see, this is what I'm getting at. Can a Trinity TVS work in California with the stock 2.67 pulley and 91? Thanks Bravo.

Just going to a 2.754 pulley for $200- YES $200- feels a bit annoying if its not necessary. The problem is, my tuner is considered one of the best on the west coast, and did wonders for my ported Terminator. I trust him, but I'm not made out of money. I don't want to argue with him, or tick him off.

But by the time I get this TVS setup, I could've had a VMP Gen 2!

In short, the answer is yes. However, it's always good to have insurance. That is why I HIGHLY recommend Torco in every tank. You never know the quality of the gas you are getting. I know it sucks, but we just have to deal with it in CA.

That being said.....it really depends on your tuner. As soon as you get greedy with advanced timing or high boost, you get a blown engine. With that pulley you will probably see around 14 pounds of boost. Which is moderate. You NEED to keep the timing low, around 15-16 degrees. The AFR needs to be around 11.0-11.5 and keep it on the richer side. Of course heat is a big factor but you already have the HE planned. I would also get the 3x IC tank and 170 tstat. You need to keep this engine as cool as possible.

As stated before you need to watch the fuel pump duty cycle once you have everything installed. However, I think you will be fine with 60lb injectors and the pulley you have. If you want to be extra safe you can get a KB BAP to help out the pumps a little bit. Overall I think you will be fine with your setup. Just tell the tuner where you want to be with the AFR and the timing. Don't be afraid to question the tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread