07 350z vs new STI

makevelie187

Established Member
My 07 350z Vert is my daily driver so mods are minimal catback/O/R X/intake/tune. #'s are 302/276 and weighing in at 3600, (400LBs more than the coupe) on 19's. anyways this was a brand new STI with a catback and i guess thats it, freeway roll was from 50ish to 140, 2 times i had him by 1 car, I only really pulled on him from 6800-7500 RPMS other than that it was even through the power band. I usually don't race in this car because it would loose to most cars out there lol but tonight it was fast enough, thought i'd share.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
since when do they make bassani x pipes and for nissan 350z's ? and you are making 300rwhp with just intake exaust on a 350z ? lol ummm what? they only make 278-300 crank hp stock and dyno 230-270rwhp stock, you claim to pick up that much for intake exaust .. im so lost lol

makevelie187

Established Member
Well from the factory an 07-09 is 305hp which is higher than 03-06 which is what you might be referring to, and yes i was stunned when i found Bassani made a catback for this car, and my tuner told me it was one of the best sounding ones, go figure and american catback is top notch for a import car haha. A stock dyno before these mods was 265ish, so a catback, off road X, Intake and a tune netted me about 30HP, not sure why your lost, that is a very believable gain, especially with a tune.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Well from the factory an 07-09 is 305hp which is higher than 03-06 which is what you might be referring to, and yes i was stunned when i found Bassani made a catback for this car, and my tuner told me it was one of the best sounding ones, go figure and american catback is top notch for a import car haha. A stock dyno before these mods was 265ish, so a catback, off road X, Intake and a tune netted me about 30HP, not sure why your lost, that is a very believable gain, especially with a tune.

because I didnt know they made bassani exaust for a nissan 350z? lol , ...And yeah the Hr 305hp motor in your year seems to pick up alot better power then the older models which yes I was talking about I kno people who dynoed stock 220-230whp in the older models and every bolt on know to man and they were to lucky to make about 240-260whp lol so when I read bassani exaust 300whp with just intake exaust tune on a 350z I kinda was like :shrug::poke::bs::nono: lol nice numbers for sure, can you post a video of how it sounds? I would love to hear how it sounds on a 350z, I like the sounds of the 370's mostly :beer:

and your numbers seem high to me for a 350z even if its a 305hp hr later model. I kno several people with bolt on new 370's that are rated stock 332hp and 350hp in the nismo models and those guys are making around 290-300rwhp with just an intake and exaust. stock is around 270-280rwhp for them. your setup sounds like it should be around 280rwhp.

Last edited:

DerekDTP!

Established Member
Nice, my buddy has that same year, alot of people don't know about the high rev motor.. He has similar mods and put down just under 300whp.. Don't remember the exact number lol

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Numbers are definitely accurate. I had a 350z before my mustang and most guys were putting down around 300 in HRs with intake/exhaust/tune

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Wow well, there is some Mis information here

09 was the first year of the 370Z 332hp
07-08 350z vq35HR motor rated 306
06 350z only rev up motor still a vq35de rated 300
03-05 vq35de rated 287

I've only seen a handful of peeps get over 300rwhp but that was with intakes plenum, full exhaust and tune using motordyne parts and badass aggressive dyno tune by up rev. I seen go as low as 12.5 @110 I think?! Maybe wrong about the trap. But they can pull on sti especially from a roll

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Wow well, there is some Mis information here

09 was the first year of the 370Z 332hp
07-08 350z vq35HR motor rated 306
06 350z only rev up motor still a vq35de rated 300
03-05 vq35de rated 287

I've only seen a handful of peeps get over 300rwhp but that was with intakes plenum, full exhaust and tune using motordyne parts and badass aggressive dyno tune by up rev. I seen go as low as 12.5 @110 I think?! Maybe wrong about the trap. But they can pull on sti especially from a roll

Thats my point of his numbers of over 300whp with just intake and exaust seems very high, I saw on a 350z forum a list of prob 100+ diff bolt on setups n/a most were in the 230-290rwhp. very few ever see over 300whp

4valved

Banned
^^^^ dude who cares about dyno numbers, the hr350zs are very nice cars and they can he pretty wicked. Good kill op is it an auto or stick?

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
some good old import on import action, nice kill..

sounds like a pretty fun daily to consider... i know you can pick up some of these cars moderately priced... And i hate how fast im putting miles on my mustang... plus hr350z would be a kick a*s autocross car too from what i read.

makevelie187

Established Member
If this was an 03-06 yes these numbers would be very skeptical but an 07-08 isnt, about 90% of 350z's i see aren't an 07-08 just look at the hood if there is two lines running up and down is not an 07-08 if there is a bulge it is, this is to accommodate the dual intake.

For a DD this car is awesome! low on TQ but what do you expect, I have tracked it 3 times already and wow its handling is almost on par with my Z06 (sad to say), im going to buttonwillow march 30,31st with it for a two day event. I will post up some videos in april of the event with exhaust videos and all.

If Nissan could work some 400HP N/A V6 ( like Porsche does with their H6) i would highly consider getting another Z as a DD but the 370 just doesn't have enough power (nor does the 350z), but what it lacks in power, it makes up for in reliability, handling, and pure fun. One thing i noticed about the Z and i think its because of the Dual wishbone setup is the rear doesn't kick out like the z06 always wants to do, i feel more confident in the Z than the z06, and i have taken turns at the same speed so the power isn't affecting my judgement.

As for $650 Bassani for the exhaust, it blows the 3k titanium Injen exhaust out of the water when it comes to sound, almost every other catback sounded like crap and took the nice VQ35HR distinctive sound away which is what these cars are known to have. The bassani just amplifies it, and without cats it sounds like a V10 at a few RPMS and im not joking. Also it goes to True duel from a Y pipe in stock form that has some definite benefit

Regardless i will always have a mustang or vette as a weekend toy nothing will ever replace that.

Last edited:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah i minorly crossed shop with the 370z but that was until i drove the 5.0, and with the mustang being a good bit less expensive is a no brainer.

but yeah i would'nt mind looking into a cheap used 350zhr or wrx's as a daily/auto cross toy, once a couple years come and its time to make the mustang into a 1/4 and weekend car.

have you looked in any cams on your 350? i think that will get you to the 315whp area.

Users who are viewing this thread