• Audi A6

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Acura TL

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LSwat

Established Member
My brother totaled his car about a week ago, and hes looking at the TL's and the A6's both 2007.

Which would you choose for a daily driver? Any reason one stands out more then the other?

I personally think the TL is more sporty, where as the Audi is more luxary, but that's just me :shrug:

Tispho

Established Member
I work at an Audi dealership,

All I can say is that Audi A6s are extremely comfortable and excellent daily drivers. So long as they work. Can't say too much about their long term reliability.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
If he's looking at an 07, tell him to look at the Type-S model. It comes fully loaded with everything you can want and you can get a 6 speed.

Anyway, Acura is owned by Honda so you know what you're getting when buying one. These cars are rock solid. The 3g TL tranny is solid, unlike the previous gen.

Can't speak for Audi reliability although I do like their design.

Check out AcuraZine for more info.

snake134

they're not really in the same class. i love my 06 TL but i think the A6 is a step up.

i'm on acurazine as well

01GTvert

Established Member
My brother totaled his car about a week ago, and hes looking at the TL's and the A6's both 2007.

Which would you choose for a daily driver? Any reason one stands out more then the other?

I personally think the TL is more sporty, where as the Audi is more luxary, but that's just me :shrug:

Acura all the way....Audi's and Vdubs are maintenance nightmares....

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
everyone I know who has owned an audi always say they are the best car ever... when they are running. And they all end up selling them because of problems with the car. And they are expensive as hell to maintain.

I vote TL for reliability and low cost of ownership.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
Wife has a TL, awesome car great performance and reliability. Audi.....total junk....why anyone would buy a vw or Audi product is beyond me. They look cool but have fun fixing the turd all the time.

CBrowning84

Established Member
^I almost got an Audi but after doing a little research and reading things like above, i'm glad I went Acura!

+1 for the TL but then again i'm a little biased :)

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
If it's going to be a daily driver I would go with the company that has a longer track record of reliability. In other words, I would go with the Acura. I will never own another German car without a warranty; it is not worth the headache no matter how nice the car is. Why spend ~$20k on a car that is in the shop more than it's on the road?

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
TL. they are sweet and super reliable.
Too many Audi people I have known (except 1) love the cars initially, then HATE them, freak out on repairs, then sell them for a big loss. A good friend of mine had a new A3 and it had problems off the dealer lot as a brand new car. He was a miserable wreck going back and forth with the dealer.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Buy the TL, I have an 04 and it's over 6 years old. I replaced the Battery in April, $ 59.00 at Costco. 0 issues, still looks, rides, and runs like new. An 07 would probably still be under warranty, and BTW, the stereo sounds great

Users who are viewing this thread